Chapter 23

Mirabelle's POV: The villain's eyesight is obscured by Finn's fire magic and his father's smoke. He appeared taken aback. The first time I heard him shout in fear, "Do the spell immediately!" A white creature with feathered wings and some blue on its tail stood just behind the sun. Did we summon this beast, or is anything else going on?

He was inflicting pain on himself in his monstrous form. He was clothed in a black robe as he began to shift into a man. As he screamed, a massive hole appeared on the ground, and blood trickled fro2m his arm. "I have an opportunity for you to change," the creature murmured quietly as he struggled to stand. "However, nothing appears to have changed; you moved from cutting yourself down to selfishly doing for others," it went on to say. We simply stood there, stunned, waiting for anything to happen. "You never gave me the opportunity." "I had an opportunity to change things, but you didn't let me; instead, you and others locked me in the mirror!"

We linked hands and surrounded each other with a bright halo. We practiced this magic for a long time, and the spirit animal stood behind us. The fuI yelled to the others, "We're killing him; stop." "Are you crazy?" Jack questioned, turning his head at me. We had to stop him, and I stepped out to say, "And this is not how you do it; this is not a fairy tale or a Disney film." We don't kill or compel people to change; that's not who we are." Weapons move by themselves. Lilly's double trident: "I can't stop." Do we abandon the reason we came here in the first place? "It wasn't us who chose this; if we did, we could choose not to be told what to do by others," I explained to the others. A surge of energy continued to pass through. Fundamental conflict between light and evil has left an indelible mark on the world.

Energy attempted to advance but took a step back. Smashed the charm on the ground, causing a green light to burst. The others' participation was prevented by nature's magic. What am I actually doing, looking at it in the eyes? Everything from magical jewelry to slipping inside a castle was straight out of my fantasy tale. Keep a firm grasp on my sword of justice, Demeter. We were going to brush it aside to view a man in anguish when his veins were jolted by my power. I saw Virgo in the dark with a man she loves, and it reminded me of Clo, but she is at my side. His monstrous shape vanished, and my feet began to move. Dominic slowed him down, while Jack trapped his feet with pebbles. Delphine struck him with the hammer. Maria activated her lunar force field. Dominic's air pressure blades: despite our inexperience, each of us was battling in our own manner.

I offered my hand when I noticed a gap in the middle of the group. While wearing a golden crown and a light green dress with a cherry blossom design, my physique was altered. He massaged his brow. "Listen, I read how much you went through, but the world is different now," I informed him. People like you get a second opportunity. "Let go of the hatred." He gave me a furious look and glanced around, finding a fragment of a black mirror. He attempted to hit me, but a spirit intervened and tackled him; he collapsed and did not rise. It was Demeter, and his spirit had escaped from his body. It was replaced by a pristine white door. We began reconstructing the kingdom a few days later. I sat down and realized I couldn't assist him. What made him refuse to grab my hand?

They took the villains who were still alive to jail, and after the guards had locked them up, Urson took away the dead body. I spent my days locked away in my room, helpless to save her or persuade her to change her choice. I felt horrible since my family was having breakfast together. Just as we did two weeks ago, breakfast outside but I'm not the same innkeeper princess I used to be. I'm not sure if we'll ever see the spirit again or if I'm still satisfied with this Jacob guy who created our universe in the first place, given how the world has different layers and how good people may be wrong. But, for the time being, I'm relieved that everyone is safe. I haven't seen the spirit creatures since the charms were shattered.

The boys were over this time because Manuel's house needed to be fixed and Kepler had a meeting with my father today. Mom cooked pancakes. Finn likes a lot of syrup on him, while I prefer strawberry whip cream. Before placing jam on his, Jack chopped his. "So, what are your plans for the future, kids?" "The journey is over, and the time for proving yourself is over." Chole inquired, and we exchanged glances before I responded, "I think I need a break personally." The guys nodded their heads in agreement. "What about the charms and their abilities?" "Do you have a sense of magic?" I had no sensation. "No, I suppose that's gone." That's how horrible it is. We shattered them." For a brief while, he considered "yes and no." "Less magical objects to protect us, but good news if they are controlled," he explained.

I called the others over and drove them up to the hill to observe the stars. I spread a blanket on the ground and looked through a telescope. Lilly brought some food, and the actor came by to "make a wish." I indicated Del chuckled and then closed her eyes, adding, "Done what has already come true." I chuckled. Finn inquired, "Pops wanted me to ask if you guys feel like magic since we know it." The other answer was also no, but that was a good thing because it meant our mission was complete and we could move on with our lives.

It is up to us to write our own destiny.

We don't need to prove anything.

We're already unique.

Talents will emerge in due course.

The key to breaking through is to break free from our fantasy expectations.

To find out what happens next, read book 2.