Part 5 : Joke Didn't Go Well

Teju's company wanted the event to be huge . They wanted to make their products worldwide recognizable. VIP guest from multiple big and well reputated companies were invited and few politicians and ministers were also invited for the event..The preparation were going on very large scale. Teju' s project was the main part of the event. Teju along with team was working really hard to meet their deadlines.

TL : so guys we still have few more to work on ..I am very sorry but you guys will have to work extra hour for today since the event is very near and we need to put our best..

Team agreed to work extra hour.

TP (POV) : I have agreeded to stay late but how will I go home.. I never have gone home alone on such late hour.. How will I manage ... uff let me complete my work first and see what can be done..but before that I will have to inform mom that I will be late to reach home and won't be having dinner at home.

Teju then went outside and call her mom.

TP: hello mumma...mumma I will be late today..

T's mom: Why teju ? Something wrong dear??

TP : No mumma ...nothing like that..it's just got some important work here at office.. remember I had told you about the event that my company is organizing..its just because of that..

T's mom : Ok dear ..just don't forget to have your dinner and please don't overwork and take care my baby...

Tp: Don't worry mom..please you and dad have your dinner and sleep ..I have spare key with me so don't wait for me ok..

T's mom : Ok...bye ...

TP : Bye mom....

Teju hung up the call but she didn't realize that kk was standing next to her..

Kk: so mommy's girl did you take permission....

TP: So you were eavesdropping ...thats not right thing to do ..

KK : I was just having my tea and you were talking soo loud what can I do ... so tell me na did little princess got permission ....

Tp : Are you teasing me .... look its not that I am taking permission and all...I just wanted to inform since they will be worried...

Kk : ohh... so do you even take permission before eating ,before talking ...... Such a little girl you are ....

Tp : listen I just said I wasn't taking permission..and will you please stop it ..it's annoying...

And teju left without hearing what kk was saying ..

TP (POV) : Such a rude and annoying person he is ....

KK (POV) : What an antic piece she is .... already started working but still acting like little princess ...momma can I do that ca n I do this ....Such a little girl she is.....

They all started working..They had such hectic schedules thsy they could only get few minutes break for lunch. It was time fir dinner ..They all decided to go to a restaurant near their office. They all packed their stuffs and headed for the dinner.

After reaching the restaurant, they took their seats and ordered their food ..Teju suddenly got a call from her mom.

T's mom: teju haven't you finished your work yet ?? Its very late dear how will you come back baby ...

TP: Don't worry mumma I will manage..you guys please take rest ..I will be home soon after dinner ok ..

T's mom: Ok baby just be careful on your way ok ...

Tp : ok mumma..bye ..Goodnight

She then ended the call and came back to her seat .

Shreya[one of her senior]: mom???

Tp : ya ..actually I have never been out till this late ..she is a bid worried...

Shreya : I can totally understand.. don't worry I will drop you after dinner...

Tp : Thanx d ...

It was taking quite a long for their dinner to be served ..Teju was getting restless now.. Rather than her everyone was enjoying,talking and having fun... Her team lead noticed something was off

TL : teju why are you soo silent...its not like you...what's wrong??

Kk[in a teasing way]: sir she might not have taken permission for that from her parents...she will 1st call and ask and then only she will.......

Kk was just going with the flow..Everyone there were joking around and he thought same with teju..but she was different..the surrounding the people around her since her childhood were not that blunt at all.. so she didn't like what kk said at all... teju just couldn't answer back or take kk's joke..she just stood up and directly went to the washroom...

Shreya somewhat knew how teju is so she understood teju didn't like kk's joke..

Shreya: Karan stop it..its not that everyone will like your blunt jokes..just understand some people have different characters and choices so respect that..

Kk was shocked..He still didn't get what just happened..Shreya followed teju in washroom and talked to her..made her understand the situation and brought her back ..Dinner was already served .teju took her seat ..Shreya made her eat dinner ..kk was time and again looking towards teju but he was completely unable to read her expression..

Umar : Bro I guess you somewhat went over the top today....

Kk : really?? But Umar this is how I talk and .....

Umar : as shreya said everyone's reactions is different..teju is different..I have never seen her being so blunt and talking like that .. so I guess she didn't like what you said...

Kk: hmmm.

Umar : what hmmm?? Don't you think you need to apologize??

Kk : Leave it Umar...I don't want to.....

Umar : kk...

Kk just ignored him and started having dinner and talking with other....

Teju saw kk was just having funn..nothing have impacted him..

Tp (pov): What sort of person is he ..doesn't care about anyone or anything..here I felt bad but he doesn't even care to say sorry.. I never thought he would be this mean .. I would never want person like him around me...doesn't even know how to talk ....

************************************
So ya here is the another part for today .I hope you guys love it as ...

Different characters .... started to drift apart or this is just a beginning of a beautiful journey together lets find out in upcoming chapters till then keep voting and please do comment ......

Please do provide me some suggestions some feedbacks ... I will be very thankful for that and ya sorry for the grammatical mistakes ...