four

Luke wanted to sleep all of his problems away. His phone was ringing all the time from both his mother and his friends. He groaned and threw his phone across the grass. He did not want to talk to anyone.

His day had been horrible, or at least pretty stupid. Rosa had just been mean to him even though he actually was being nice to her! He drove her brother to school, he drove her to school, he tried to talk to her and he even tried to pick up her books when she walked right into him. He didn't think it was his fault that she walked into his chest and lost her books.

He was trying to be nice and all he got back was her angry glares and comebacks. Britney was pissed because she had heard that he came late to class with Rosa. She asked him why he hung out with Rosa, but Luke just lied and told her he hadn't. He told her that he didn't even talk to her at all, which he kind of wished he didn't because all he got back was her being a complete bitch.

Luke was just so tired of everything. He completely ignored every call of his mother too because she was probably drunk again and Luke was pissed off and if he came home now he would blow up on her and scream at her for being a bad mother.

It was hard for him to try and make everything look okay, it was hard for him to pretend that he was happy, that he was perfect because he really wasn't. He didn't even tell Calum or Michael about his problems. He needed someone to talk to, but he didn't want to talk to them about it. He needed someone else and he didn't know who yet.

His feet hurt from walking too much, he didn't even know where he was anymore and it was afternoon. His head hurt because the lack of sleep and he just wanted to scream, which was what he did. He screamed and screamed and screamed. He stomped on the ground and he threw stones everywhere. He just wanted to be normal, he wanted to feel normal. The emptiness inside of him was too much for him, he felt alone and he hated it.

He was exhausted and did not want to go home. The ground was suprisingly okay when he had blankets and a pillow with him so when he closed his eyes, it wasn't hard to fall asleep.

*

Waking up was horrible. He had been asleep the whole night, but by sleeping outside he felt sick. His throat was hurting and his head dizzy, but he stood up and just tucked the small pillow and blanket into his backpack before trying to find his way to school, even though he wanted to do everything besides school right now.

When he came to school, he got glances by every one. Everyone whispered about him and wanted him to smile to them. Luke didn't like this, but put on a fake smile and pretended that everything was perfect even though he wanted to scream at the top of his lungs that everything was horrible.

He almost fell asleep in science, but Britney slapped his shoulder, making him groan. First period was even more boring than ever and the way Britney was chewing on her gum made Luke want to yell at her, but he just faked a smile and pretended to be completely okay with the way she was bossing him around all the time.

He knew that she just wanted to be with him because he was popular. Her tiny hand was lazily intertwined with his and he did not feel anything by the way he was looking at her. Luke just completely ignored her the entire period, not that she minded because she was drooling over the young teacher that was new. Luke found it pathetic, but he didn't say anything even though it was quite obvious what she did.

First and second period felt like forever, but he sighed in relief when he did not have any other class with Britney. He quickly pecked her lips and made his way to his locker where Rosa and that Ashton dude was standing and laughing. 

Luke couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy of that. He didn't understand what Ashton did to make her laugh because Luke had tried yesterday, but she had just scoffed or rolled her eyes at him.