thirty two

Rosa got a call at two am from an unknown number. She was tired and didn't know if she wanted to accept the call. Luke hadn't even answered any of her's and she was worried. He always answered. So she decided to accept the call from the unknown number because she felt that something was wrong.

"Hello?" Rosa asked into the phone, not sure who would talk. It was a lot of noise in the backgrond and it took some time before a man talked into the phone. "Is this Rosa?". Rosa's heart beat faster than usual, not sure if she liked that an unknown man knew her name. "Y-yes." Rosa stuttered. 

The man sighed and it was a long silence. Rosa wasn't sure if she should just hang up or what. When she was about to hang up, the man started talking again. "I'm Andrew, Luke's dad.". The man's voice was rushed and low, like he was in a hurry. 

Rosa didn't know what to say. Luke had told her about her about him cheating on his mother and then he left and she didn't know what she felt when she was talking to him now. But what if something was wrong? His father wouldn't have called her unless something was wrong, right?

"Has something happened?" Rosa asked, nervous about the answer. Luke's father sighed. "Yeah, Luke ended up in a car accident. He's alright, crashed with a tree. He fell asleep behind the wheel. It's nothing serious though, Luke has a small concussion and a couple of bruises on his face.". 

Rosa felt her breath hitch. Luke had been in a car accident. She didn't hesitate when she stood up from the bed and changed into sweatpants and a hoodie that she had stolen from Luke. "He has been asking about you. He doesn't want to speak with any one else than you." Andrew explained. Rosa frowned at that. "Okay, I'll come to the hospital right away." she said, hanging up the phone so she could call Ashton.

Fortunately, Ashton could watch Max. He told Rosa that it was no problem and that Rosa needed to tell Luke to get better. She borrowed Ashton's car since she didn't have her own.

After twenty minutes, she came to the hospital and ran over to the receptionist. "Where's Luke Hemmings?" she asked, breathing heavily since she had been running. The lady looked kind of bored, but put the magazine she was reading away and typed on a computer. "Fourth floor, room 478." she mumbled, blowing a bubble with her gum. Rosa thanked her before she ran over to the elevator. 

The elevator ride felt longer than it really was. All Rosa wanted was to see that Luke was okay again. There were music in the elevator, probably supposed to calm the people down, but Rosa just got more nervous and worried by the dramatic song in the background.

When the elevator doors finally opened, she ran down the hall and into the room, seeing Luke lay on the bed. He wasn't asleep and he had band aids on his face. His eyes were sad and there were purple circled under his eyes. Rosa felt her heart break of the sight of him. He hadn't noticed her yet, but when the two of them heard a cough, Luke looked up from his hands and stared at Rosa.

His eyes softened and she could hear him sigh in relief. Before any of them could say something, a man that looked like he was in his late fourties started talking. "You must be Rosa, I'm Andrew, Luke's father." he said, taking out his hand. He looked a lot like Luke, blue eyes and blonde hair. Rosa nodded, shaking his hand. "Nice to meet you." she mumbled before she walked over to Luke.

Luke was looking at her with a frown and they both turned to his father again. "I'll leave you two alone." his father said, rushing out of the room.

Rosa sighed, wrapping her arms around Luke and he did the same. "I was so worried for you today! What happened, Luke?" she cried into his shoulder. Luke coughed a couple of times and pulled away so they could lock eyes. "Mum wanted to go to rehab last night and we called the rebah center, they told us they wanted her there as quick as possible so I drove five hours so she could get help and I didn't have any sleep that night so when I was driving home again, I must have fallen asleep because I don't really remember how I ended up here. The doctors told me I fell asleep though." Luke explained, tears in his eyes and Rosa hated the sight of him sad.

Rosa sat down in the bed and Luke scooted more to the end so she could wrap her arms around him again. "Why didn't you just sleep in a motel and drive home the next day?" she asked. Luke gave her a sad smile.  "Because I needed you, I just.. I couldn't be alone. I needed to come home to you." he whispered, his voice shaky. Rosa wiped under his eyes.

"You should have thought about your own state first, Luke. It could have ended badly. What if you crashed with a car? What if you were driving faster? What if you died?" Rosa asked, her voice craking at the end. The thought of Luke actually dying was too hard to think of. Luke sighed. "I didn't die though, I just needed to be with you, Rosa! I couldn't stay there.". "Still, Luke. Never do anything like that again. If you're ever too tired to drive, don't drive! I can't lose you, Luke." Rosa said, stroking his cheek, noticing another tear falling down his face.

The two of them were both crying both from relief and sadness. "I love you." Rosa mumbled, hugging him closer to her again. "I love you too." Luke stated, kissing her cheek. "Promise me to never do anything like this again. I can't lose you. Even though you need me, you'll have to call me or something instead because if you die or hrut yourself, it's not worth it." Rosa said. Luke nodded. "I promise." he whispered.

After a while, Luke wrapped his arms around her waist and nuzzled his head in the crook of her neck. Their feet were tangeled and she felt like everything was okay again. Luke wasn't too hurt, he was okay and that was all that mattered. "Please stay with me tonight." Luke begged, lips brushing Rosa's neck. Rosa smiled down at the tired boy. "I'm not leaving." she said. Luke yawned, grabbing her hand and putting their intertwined hands on his chest. "Get some sleep, Luke." Rosa said, pecking his lips. He nodded, already closing his eyes and snuggling closer to Rosa. It warmed her heart. "I love you." Rosa whispered, running her hand trough his soft hair.

*

Rosa woke up at seven, still seeing Luke sound asleep beside her. He had a small smile on his face and Rosa smiled at the beautiful boy. She wanted to buy him some food and coffee, knowing the hospital food wasn't anything to brag about. She quickly stood up, pecking his cheek before walking out of the hospital room.

His father was sitting in a chair outside, talking in the phone. He had his suit on and it was obvious that he had other places to be. He didn't even anknowlede Rosa so she just walked to the elevator.

There was a small bakery right on the corner of the street. Rosa sighed in relief, walking in to buy sandwiched and coffees to the both of them. She also bought a cake too before she left the bakery, making her way up to Luke's room again.

When she came in, he was sitting there wide awake, a frown on his face. His head tilted up when he heard the door opening and the frown disappeared. "I thought you left." Luke whispered. Rosa rolled her eyes, shaking her eyes. "I told you I would stay. I just bought some breakfast.". A huge smile came onto Luke's face and it made Rosa happy. He was strong, always wanting to stay happy. It was one of the things she loved about Luke.

She sat down beside him again and handed him a ham and cheese sandwich and a cup of coffee. He thanked her, rubbing his eyes quickly. "How are you feeling?" Rosa asked him, taking a bite from the sandwich. Luke shrugged. "Better when you're here.". Rosa snorted. "Cheesy, Luke, cheesy.". Luke winked at her. "Only for you.".

The two of them had small talks before a doctor came into the room to check on Luke's bruises . "How are you, Luke?" she asked. Luke bit his lip. "I have a headache, but I'm okay.". The doctor nodded. "I think you'll just have to relax for some days. It's okay to leave today, but you have to rest.".

When the doctor left, Luke looked at Rosa with a smirk. "It's not that hard to relax as long as you're there with me.". Rosa rolled her eyes at how cheeky he was being now, but still felt her cheeks blush. "You're so clichè, Luke." she giggled. Luke just winked once again.