twenty

"Y-you're going out with Chris?" Luke stuttered as he sat down beside Rosa.

He overheard Ashton and Chris talking about it and he didn't like the thought of the two of them going out. Alone. Was it just a friend thing or was it a real date?

"I'm just going to the movies with him." Rosa shrugged, confused to why Luke knew that or cared about that. 

Luke didn't even know that himself, he just did. He cared and he would much rather go to the movies with her instead.

"As friend or like a date?" Luke asked. 

He knew it wasn't his business, but still, he couldn't stop himself. 

"Why do you care?" she asked, studying his face. 

He felt his cheeks heat up and knew he was blushing, he didn't even know why. Why did he care? 

"I don't." he snapped quickly, but he regretted it when he saw Rosa frown. 

"I mean.. I'm going to the movies with Britney and just wondered." he lied, regretting that too because he really did not want to hang out with Britney.

He didn't even understand why they were together. They didn't have feelings for each other and Britney was still pissed at him because he hung out with Rosa.

"Oh, well okay. What are you going to watch?" she asked. Luke shrugged. 

"Spy, maybe?" Luke shrugged because he wanted to see that movie, but he didn't know if Britney even would say yes though. 

"We're watching that one." Rosa mumbled. 

Luke couldn't help but smile a bit, maybe they saw each other then? 

"Oh cool." Luke stated, still smiling.

After sociology class, Luke rushed to Britney. He wrapped his arms around her when she was putting her books into her locker. 

"Hey babe." he whispered, pecking her cheek. 

She didn't say anything, which made Luke roll his eyes. 

"Are you still mad?" he groaned, not understanding the big deal.

"Yeah, you're hanging out with Rosa." she snapped. 

"Oh come on babe! It's not a big deal. I can make it up to you, let's.. Let's go to the movies later?" he asked, giving her his signature smile.

Britney stared at him for some seconds, but sighed. 

"I can't, Lukey! I'm going shopping with my friends today.". 

Luke frowned. 

"You're always shopping with your friends, can't you just ditch them today? I mean, just for one night? I really want to spend time with my girlfriend." Luke mumbled, pulling Britney even closer to him. 

She giggled and snuggled closer to him. Her hands wrapped around his neck as she leaned up to kiss him. The kiss was hungry and okay, not perfect, but it never was because they didn't feel anything for each other. Luke knew it was stupid of him to date her, but he didn't know what else to do.

"I really want to Lukey, I really do, but I can't just ditch them." she pouted when they pulled away from each other. 

Luke sighed, but nodded. He wasn't that sad about her not coming, he was just sad because he wanted to go to the movies so he could see Rosa, but he couldn't go alone either. 

"Okay, well.. I'll talk to you later then?" Luke asked, kissing her quickly.

"Yeah, Lukey." she giggled, making Luke roll his eyes.