fourteen

Luke didn't like seeing Rosa with that new dude. Christian? Christopher? He didn't even care about his name. He just knew that he didn't like him and that Rosa shouldn't hang out with him.

Rosa had been ignoring Luke the whole week, but Luke understood it. He was a jerk to her most of the time and knew he couldn't treat her like he had done. It was wrong of him to hang out with her whenever they were not at school, but then just ignore her when they were at school. Luke couldn't help it though because he liked hanging out with her, he liked the person he was when he was with her.

It was early and he had to leave for school in ten minutes. Luke's mother was laying on the couch with a bottle of beer in her right hand. She wore a black dress and her make up was all over her face. Her blonde hair was in a big mess and Luke hated seeing her like this. 

He knew she was hurting on the inside, but she didn't want help. Luke had tried to get her to rehab more than once, but that just ended up with her being hurt and go to a bar to get drunk again.

Luke decided to make some food to his mum before leaving, which caused him to be a little late to school. When he came into the psychologyclass, he noticed that Rosa rolled her eyes just like she always did. 

Luke didn't like it, because she was probably judging him, thinking he was out making out with Britney like the other students in class thought too. He didn't care about what they thought though, but he cared what Rosa thought and it hurt him that she just went to conclusions like that.

He sat down beside her, sighing in relief when that Chris dude she hung out with wasn't in the classroom today. 

"I don't understand why you always are late. I mean can't making out with Britney wait for the breaks or something?" she scoffed. 

Luke frowned, not liking how she judged him. She didn't know that he actually was late for school because he made breakfast to his mum and woke her up. She didn't know that Luke had to take care of his mum because she was in a state were she couldn't take care of herself. Rosa didn't even know anything about Luke's family nor his problems.

He felt himself getting angrier and angrier and all he wanted to do now was to leave the classroom. 

"You don't know anything." Luke said slowly, his eyes glaring into Rosa's. 

"Oh but I do Hemmings, you're always trying to be so cool and you  just care about your reputation. It's sickening to be honest, you can't even seem to talk to anyone who's not popular in front of your friends, you disgust me." she snapped.

Luke's heart stopped beating for a second and Luke was hurt. Of all the people he knew, he hadn't thought Rosa would be one of the people who judged him. 

"You don't know shit about me!" he yelled again, seeing red. 

Rosa and all the other people were shocked by his outburst and the teacher was getting sick of the two teenagers that fought in the bach of the class. 

"Luke and Rosa! You are disturbing the class! Get out of here!" the psychology teacher yelled.

Luke scoffed, grabbing his books and backpack before he stormed out of the classroom and rushed over to his locker where he slammed his fist into it. He felt the pain through his hand and wanted so badly to scream. Why did he even hit the locker? He didn't think. 

"Fuck." he muttered to himself.

The laughter made him turn his head and glare at Rosa. 

"Why the fuck are you following me." he snapped. 

"My locker is next to yours, asshole." she spat, putting her books into the locker. 

"It's your fucking fault that we got kicked out of class!" Luke yelled, walking closer to her.