twenty seven

Luke wanted to talk to his mother about her alcohol problem, but he was scared. His mother was laying on the couch, beer bottles everywhere. It wasn't a suprise to Luke though. He sighed, walking over to her as he tried to wake her up. She didn't even open her eyes and Luke knew it would be impossible to wake her up when she was in that state, so he gave up, deciding to have a talk to her later when she was sober.

It was one of those days where everything felt bad. Luke was just feeling really down and he felt like he couldn't go to anyone to talk because no one really wanted to hear about his complains. His phone was buzzing none stop from Rosa and he felt kind of bad that he didn't answer her calls, but he didn't want to worry her. 

After some time, he decided to call Michael and Calum. They told Luke they were going to a party and even though Luke knew it wasn't clever of him, he decided to join them. They told him to meet them where the party was going to be and Luke rushed to the house, already wanting to forget about his mother. 

Luke knew it was stupid, he shouldn't be drinking when alcohol seemed to be the problem, but he needed to forget about it. He was tired of being the responsible one all the time, Luke just wanted to have fun for once. 

The party was already full of people and it smelled alcohol. He found Calum and Michael with the drinks.

"Hey man, nice seeing you. Long time since we spent time together now." Calum said. 

Luke nodded, because it really was. He had missed them, but Rosa had been helping him a lot lately and he wanted to spend time with her. 

"Yeah, well here I am." Luke smiled, grabbing a cup with something strong. 

The liquid burnt his throat and he grimaced, but got used to it quickly. One cup became two and even five after some time. He thought he would feel better, that he would forget about his mum, that he would have fun and relax, but it didn't help. Luke was just feeling worse and everything just seemed to make him overthink. He felt dizzy too. 

"I'm so stupid." Luke slurred.

He was sitting on the grass outside the house, alone with a bottle of beer in his hands. 

"I'm so fucking stupid." he groaned, trying to stand up, but ended up falling. 

He giggled at himself and how stupid he was. It was pathetic really. 

The pain in his chest got worse every second and Luke couldn't stay at this party. He needed to get away from here. He needed to feel better again and the only one who could help him was Rosa. She was the light in his life and he needed her so much. It was weird how he always pretended like he was okay before, he pretended like he wasn't broken, but Rosa didn't judge him. 

She knew how it felt to be broken and that's what he liked about her. Well he liked more than just that, like her beautiful green eyes and her band t-shirts, he liked how she always had this cute giggle and he liked that they had the same taste in music. He liked a lot about Rosa actually and he was going to tell her that right now.

Luke didn't really know how far it was to Rosa's house, but he found it very funny to walk because the ground was moving. Luke fell some times, but he didn't mind because it didn't hurt. Just the thought of Rosa made him happy again and the pain in his chest got better. 

When he stood outside Rosa's house, he slowly walked over to her window and tapped it some times. It was dark, but he hoped she was awake. 

The light turned on after some seconds and Rosa was standing with the window, her face confused. Luke giggled because she was just so beautiful.