Chapter 37: Bored ✔️

It had been a week since I had woken up from my coma and I was going insane. I was practically locked up in the hospital room.

The TV was crap, I only had a few visitors, mostly from Matt, Erin and Hank.

I had hourly checks from Nat, April or Will, Nat and Will, would usually come sit in my room when they were on a break and their Lunch break.

Matt had happily been and brought me a few of my things, my books, my laptop, some PJ's... you know, the usual stuff.

But I had read what books people had brought me, I had finished the movies that were on my lap top and if I had to look online card game, I'd probably have another brain aneurism.

I need to get out of this Room. Whether it be with a chaperone... or alone. And I was set on the situation being the latter. So, with my good

arm and good leg, I very carefully moved myself into a near by Wheelchair. My wrist still hurting and still connected to my IV, I wheeled myself out of my room and over to the elevator.

I was on the 2nd floor... The ER was down on 1st floor, so once in the elevator, I did my best to reach the button, but I couldn't, my leg was in the way.

"Need help?" a voice spoke up, making me look up with them with a defeated smile.

"Please." I smiled at the nurse who had joined me. "first floor."

He nodded and pressed the button, and I sat waiting in silence. Well until the nurse spoke up.

"You're Dr Lindsey, Right?" he smiled Politty.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"I've heard alot about you. I'm sorry about the accident Doctor." he commented, just as the elevator dinged and the doors slid open.

"Thanks." I smiled stiffly before I wheeled myself out. "I'll be back at work in no time though."

I continued to wheel myself, through the halls until I finally found the ED.

It was busy, very busy.

Nurses were sent rushing around, I felt instantly at home as I wheeled around to the reception desk where I spotted Will looking quite uneasy and intensly on his tablet. Infact he didn't even hear me stop next to him (and, Very wobbly on my feet,) I stood up and looked over his shoulder at the screen.

"Looks like a broken rib, a fractor on 2, all on he left side" I noted, making him jump and look down at me.

"I can see that, thanks." He huffed before looking back at the tablet. "What are you doing down here AJ? You should be in bed."

I shrugged, taking the tablet an Sitting back down in my wheel chair.

"Bored."

"You're bored?" He huffed, turning to face me "Alice, i love you, but bored or not, you should be in bed, resting. Matt won't like it if he finds you down here." Will huffed as he snatched the tablet back.

"But I'm going out of mind up there alone I need to do something." I groaned as Will walked behind my chair, pushing me towards the elevator.

However, when the door opened, a panicked looking Matt Casey and an amused Kelly Severide, both clad in their uniform, a bit... ashy/ Smokey. Kelly was watching, an amussed looking grin on his face and his eyes fell me and his grin grew bigger.

"See, told you she'd be down here." Kelly laughed, pointing over to me, Matt frowned, following his best friends finger and spotting me.

Quickly he rushed over and dropped to the ground infront of me, grabbing my face, pulling me closer so I was looking him in the eyes.

"What's going on? What happened? Are you OK?" Matt rushed, his eyes scanning my whole being, making me laugh.

"Matt I'm fine." I assured him, pulling his hand off of my face and interlearing my fingers with his.

"Then why are you down here?" he asked me clearly concerned.

"Got bored." I shrugged.

"You get bored?" kelly asked looking at me with an incredulous look on his face

"Yep." I sighed, looking over at Will. "Dr. Doom and gloom here was Just taking me back to my room."

"Good, because you need to rest Aly. You can't get hurt again." Matt sighed, leaning forward and kissing my forehead but,

"Boden's given us around 30 minutes before the house goes back on call. How about, if it's ok with Will, I take you to get some fresh air?"

I immediately looked up at Will and grinned wide.

"Please Will? Just for a bit?" I begged pouting up at him. He let out a chuckle and nodded, sliding down to be face to face with me.

"Fine but after that you stay in your room. Deal?" He offered, holding his hand out for me to shake.

"Deal!"

Will nodded and released my chair and Matt took it happily. I ran my hand through my hair and allowed Matt to push me out of the building.

As the cold, fresh air hit me, Goosebumps spread across my body, I took in a long deep breath and Sighed.

"Freedom!" I laughed, holding my arms out, making both Matt and Kelly laugh. looked up at the two grinning, my teeth showing.

"What? I have been in a coma, I haven't left room since I woke up, I am gonna cherish what little time I have out here, before you drag me back to the white room of Hell." I explained, looking to blue, clear sky and sun that beamed down, warming me up. My chair stopped and when I looked back, Matt had stopped at a bench and took a seat

He pulled me to be at his said and he smiled down at me.

"Hi." I muttered, reaching my hand out to him, which he took, kissing the back.

"Hi." he smiled back, reaching forward to brush hair from my face, tucking it behind my ear. "I've missed you." He sighed, 

"I miss you too Matty." I chuckled, leaning into his touch, "But hopefully I'll be home soon."

"God I hope so, AJ, Casey always moping around." Kelly laughed, happy to throw his best friend under the bus. "He's always checking his phone to see if you've called, and calling Will and Nat to see how you're doing." 

"Getting Sylvie and Gabby to check on me everytime they come in."
I smirked, looking up at Matt, who blushed a bit. "I guessed it about the 3rd time the had 'Just dropped in to see me' in one day."

"I like making sure my girlfriend is OK, sue me." He argued, making me smile.

"Matt I'm not saying I don't like it." I laughed, reaching forward to kiss him. "In fact. I really appretiate it."

"Good, because until you come home, I'm going to continue to hover, that way I know you're safe and sound."

"Then keep on hovering Matty, as long as I get to see you, I'm sure I can cope with the hovering." I laughed, leaning up and kissing Matt softly.