Chapter 16: Erin ✔

It had been two weeks since my date with Jay and things were going great, today at lunch, he surpriced me by binging me lunch. we had spent every spare minute we could together. But this had taken it's toll on my friendship with Matt. It had been over a week since we had spent any time hanging out so while I had ten minutes to myself I decided too call him.

"Hey stranger, long time not talk." I chuckled down the phoe when I heard hid voice.

"I know, I missed you." He chuckled. "I was just talking abot you acctualy."

"Oh, yeah, what did I do this time?" I joked a I sat down on a near by bench, a smile finding my face.

"Nothing, Severide was thinking about going to Molly's with Gaby and asked if I would ask you." He explined and I chuckled.

"Actually, drinks with you guys sounds great, count me in." feeling excitment grow inside my chest.

"Awesome, I'll swing by your place about 7?" he offered and I agreed. We spent a few minutes catching up until I spotted Will waving for my attention.

"Listen, Matty, I have to get back to work."

"Yeah, OK, go, save lives, I'll see you later."

"Count on it." we said our goodbyes and I hung up and ran over to Will, ready to get back to work.

The whole rest of the afternoon I felt myself grow more and more excited for some much needed time with my fire house friends. At six I clocked out and rushed straight to my car and straight home to shower and change.

As I pulled up outside of my house I saw a figure sitting on the step, what looked like bags behind them. It was to dark to see who it was but something told me I knew them.

I climbed out of my car and looked at the figuer, the light from inside my car lighting up their face.

"Erin?" I asked, shocked.

"Hey AJ." She smiled sheepishly as she stood up.

"What the help, are you doing here?"I asked excitedly as I drove into her arms.

"I'm coming home." She chuckled, wrapping her arms around me.

"What, Why?" I asked pulling back. "Is everything OK?"

"Everything's fine, I just decided, I've missed enough of my twin sisters life, I'm don't want to miss anymore." she smiled sadly at me, "I missed you A."

"I missed you too E." I sniffed as I wrapped her into another hug. Tears threatened to spill. "So, where are you staying?" I asked as I pulled away.

"Here." She shrugged as if it were obvious.

"I'm sorry, you're staying where now?" I asked, sending a playful glare her way.

"With you sis...if that's OK?" She looked at me a little worried.

"No, actually I think you should sleep out on the street." I shook my head, keeping my face away straight as I possibly could, leaving Erin stood there freaking out a little. However she relaxed a little when she saw my lips curl slightly and she let out a shakey laugh.

"you're Hilarious." She glared playfully. I grinned wide at her and moved to grab one of her bags, she doing the same.

"Well stand up comedy was always a fall back incase it didn't make it through media school." I joked as I threw an arm over her shoulder.

"You're an idiot." She laughed.

"Says the detective to the doctor."

"Point taken." She smiled as I unlocked the door and lead her inside.

"So, I guess you can take the guest bedroom as your own." I explained as she looked around my home. Well, I guess it's our home now.

I lead my sistr up stair to her bedroom and let her get settled as I sat and texted Matt.

Aly: You will never guess who just turned up at my house.

Matty: Bunny?

Aly: good guess but no...my sister

Matty: really, wow, that's good right?

Aly: it is yeah, she's gonna stay with me for a while, Honestly I'm kind of happy she decided to come home.

Aly: I've really missed her.

Matty: I know, so i guess drinks are cancelled tonight?

Aly: Can we reschedule for tomorrow night instead. I fell like I shouldd catch up with my sister on her first night back?

Matty: hey, don't worry about it, you have fun tonigh, I'll see you tomorow

Aly: thank you so much Matty, I promise, tomorrow night, first round is on me. I'll text you later?

Matty: I'll be waiting.

I looked up from my phone when I heard a knock at my bedroom door and I looked up to see my sister leaning against the door frame.

"You texting Jay?" she asked as she wondered in and sat next to me on my bed.

"No, Matt, we were suppost to meet for drinks tonight at Molly's with Kelly, Cruz and Dawson." I told her. She nodded her head understandingly and I put mu phone down, looking up at her.

I can not believe you are here." I gushed as I threw my arms around her shoulders once again.

"Me too." She chuckled, and pulled away. "So, wonder twin...tell me all about you and Jay, it's been what, two weeks since the date?" She wondered and I chuckled at her, sitting back against my bed frame.

That was how we spent the night, gossiping like two old ladies, about everything and nothing at all.