Chapter 2: Hank Voight, My Father ✔

I pulled on a pair of skinny jeans, a black 'Queen' tee and a black leather jacket. My newly washed hair was pulled up into a messy bun and I slipped on my Van's.

As the clock ticked away I grabbed my keys and phone before I exited my house, heading towards the CPD 21st precinct. There was a little cafe down the street that Hank, Erin and I used to meet at for lunch as often as we could. When I left, Hank told me they seemed to stop meeting there, said it wasn't the same.

As I walked down the road I caught sight of a familiar face speed past in a fire truck. Matt seemed to notice me too as he held up a hand to wave and smiled before he was gone. I walked into the cafe as took a seat in a window, close to the back of the building, a spot we frequented way back when.

I was sat there, maybe ten minutes before I heard the bell above the door ring and I looked up into the eyes of man who saved mine and my sisters lives.

"Well, well, well...look at what we have here." The sargent chuckled as he walked over. I stood up and he pulled me into his arms, hold me tight in a warm embrace.

"Hey Hank." I smiled, fighting the tears that threatened to spill.

"How you doing kid?" He asked, pulling away, both of us taking a seat.

"I'm, doing good. How about you?" He shrugged and I smiled.

"So, what brings you to Chicago?"he smiled as he waved over the waitress.

"What can a say, I missed my old man." I grinned as the waitress came walking over. We ordered a coffee each, the waitress jotting it in her note pad before smiling and walking off.

"I missed you too, now tell me the truth." He ordered.

"I left Jimmy..." I started as the waitress brought out coffee over.

"Yeah?" He asked nodding thanks the the young girl and I nodded, taking a sip of my coffee. "Good, he wasn't good for you." He started and I shrugged.

He was right, at first Jimmy and I were happy, healthy, in love. Then he changed, he became controlling, angry and jealous over everything.

"So, how long you in town?" He asked, bringing his cup to his lips. I saw the hope sparkle in his eyes and I smiled softly.

"Well, you can ask my boss at Chicago Med." I shrugged. I saw Hank break into a smile, eyes widened a little.

"Yeah?"

"Yep, I start in a couple week." I grinned wide. "I'm coming home, actually I'm already home, got a place about 20 minutes from here, my stuff arrives next week."

"Good, I'm happy for you. So, what's the job?" He quizzed.

"Trauma surgeon and Physician in the Emergency department." I answered.

"And you're OK with this, being close to...her?" He worried and I reached over and placed my hand on his.

"I am, I'm ready for this. The woman was and is still a deadbeat. She was never much of a mother to me, or Erin. Camille was and still to this day is the only mother I want to know. It's how I've lived since I was 14 and this is how I will live my life forever."

"I know but she's your..." Hank began and I shook my head, stopping him.

"Camille Voight is my mum Hank, you are my father. That's it. It isn't up for debate or discussion. You got that?" I asked eyebrow raised.

"Got it." He smirked at me.

The rest of the afternoon was spent chatting until Hank got a phone call and had to go. He promised he'd call later and we could grab dinner sometime.

After Hank left I walked home, feeling confident I had made the right decision.

Once home I decided to order take out before texting Erin, sending her a simple text

The Brainiac👩🏼‍⚕️: I'm back in Chicago E.

A little while later I my food had arrived and I was flipping through my phone when I got a text.

The Muscles 💪🏻:yeah? Next time I'm around, maybe we can get together and talk?

The Brainiac 👩🏼‍⚕️: I'd like that alot