Chapter 24: Unwanted Guest ✔

I had spent a week in Med after I woke up and honestly it was hell. About day after I woke up I was told I'd have to stay a few days because my lungs were damaged and they could collapse as any given minute so they had me stay in for treatment.

Now don't get me wrong I love being a med, most of the time. It's where most of my friends are. But when you're stuck in a bed, the only company through out the day is a stuffed bear in a fireman helmet and coat...you start to go a little crazy.

Twice, in the first few days I had tried to sneak into the staff locker room to grab some clothes. Twice I was brought right back up stairs to bed and was scolded by Will and Natalie.

By the forth day in Med I was too tired to do anything. They had been pumping steroids into me to strengthen my lungs and painkillers to help with the pain.

Matt came by as often as he could, he would bring me fresh clothes and a few things to do with my time. Most of the guys and gals from P.D and 51 visited too. Hank visited every night to, bringing me various treats to snack on.

Jay and Erin never showed. Thank god, but word was Erin had given Jay an ultimatum, he had to choose, her or me.

By day six I was ready to leave and thankfully Will came in and told my my release from hell was the very next day. I told Matt who agreed to pick me up when I was being discharged as he was off duty and wasn't taking now for an answer.

That night I slept like a baby and when I woke up the next morning. I was up dress and packed before breakfast.

"Somebody's eager." Matt laughed as he walked into the room. I grinned wide and nodded.

"I just want to go home and back to my bed." I smiled.

"Well, come on, you're all signed out and ready got home." He ordered, grabbing my bag. I grabbed my Teddy bear Matt and jacket before I followed behind Matt.

I noticed that Matt had gone a different way from the usual way out and when he walked through the ER I realised why.

There at the door stood Will, Natalie, Ethan and April.

"Finally, you're leaving." Ethan called, clapping his hands. I shot him a sarcastic smile and flipped him off making him laugh.

"When do you get back to work?" April laugh as she pulled me into hug.

"A week." I smiled moving on to Natalie.

"We'll miss you around here." She joked.

"She's lying, we won't" Will joked as I moved on. I smacked his arm as he hugged tight and I laughed.

"Now go, my little bird, be free!" Will called letting go and pushing towards the door. "And enjoy this time off to relax and heal. "

"I will, I promise." I smiled. Matt chuckled as he followed me outside then led me to his car.

"So, Hank picked up your car and dropped it at your place." He informed as I climbed into the car.

"Great, what about...."

"Erin moved out, she's staying a friend. Hank picked up your things left at Jay's place and they are back home too."

I smiled at the thoroughness of my Foster father and made a mental note to thank him for taking care of it all for me.

Once in the truck I buckled in and Matt set of towards our street. It was quiet, but not an awkward quiet, more like a comfortable, peaceful quiet that was enjoyable up until Matt pulled on our street and I saw a figure sitting on the steps to my front door.

Climbing out of the truck, I decided to ignore her. I walked around to the back and grabbed the teddy and Matt grabbed the bag while I walked past my sister and to my front door.

"AJ please, let me explain." She pleaded and I scoffed, turning around and looking at her.

"Explain what. How you watched me for weeks fall for a guy and then you sleep with him the first chance you got?" I seethe. "Or how about how you let me think you were OK with Jay and I's relationship when really you wanted him back. Or maybe you want to talk about how I was lock in a cold, dark room in nothing but a shirt and underwear while you were sleeping with MY boyfriend, while you were in MY house, that I let you stay in, for free because I'm your sister and you needed my help."

"AJ, it's not like that." She cried and I scoffed at the nerve she had playing a victim.

"Then what is it like Erin, I'd love to know...because I'm trying to rack my brain around this. Trying to come up with a reason as to why my own sister would even consider sleeping with my boyfriend."

"He said you had broken up." She argued.

"And that makes it better how? My relationship barely cold, my heart breaking from the loss and you thought sleeping with him hours after we broke up would make things better."

"AJ, he told me he loved me."

"Yeah, I heard. I also heard about your little ultimatum."

"He said he didn't know what he wanted to I told him to choose."

"There is a choice." I scoffed.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean you win, Erin, Jay is all yours. I'm done with you both. I don't want to see either of you again, unless it's for a case. Congratulations sis, you've become the thing I hate the most. our mother." I chuckled darkly as I turned and walked inside, closing the door on my sister forever. (OK, maybe not forever, she's my sister and maybe one I'll forgive her, but right now, it's not looking good for the Lindsay twins).

"You OK?" Matt asked as he walked over and wiped a tear from my cheek I looked up at him and nodded.

"I will be." I smiled sadly. "Eventually."

"Of course you will, you have me and Matty Bear to keep you smiling." He grinned, taking the bear and holding it up, making it dance a little.

"You're an Idiot." I laughed, taking the bear from his grasp and hugging it close, smiling up at my best friend.