Chapter 22: Matt Casey P.O.V ✔

After Jay had told me he suspected Aly was in loved with me I left the group. Sitting back with Kelly, once again moping over the fact that Aly wasn't in my life anymore.

Truth was I loved her, like crazy. She was smart, funny and absolutely gorgeous and since the day we met, she has never left my mind, not for a second and when she started dating Halstead, I wanted to tell her how I felt, but I saw how happy she was so I let it go. She was happy and that's all that mattered.

The next morning I woke up hung over and decided I wanted to talk to Aly, make sure she was OK but when I left the house for work I happened upon a scene.

Picture this: I walk outside, it's cold, dark, getting lighter. I head over to my car and I heard giggles coming from the direction of Aly's house. I knew it wasn't Aly, I'd know her laugh anywhere but this laugh was familiar enough to make me turn my head. What I saw next made my blood boil.

There, stood in front of Aly's house was her boyfriend and her sister, in a heavy make out session.

I decided against doing anything when I saw them walk into the house. I pulled my phone out and tried at call Aly but I got no answer.

Sighing I climbed into my car and set of to work, knowing my shift was starting soon.

It was around 2:30 when my phone rang and I saw Voight caller ID, something in my mind told me something was wrong, so I answered it.

"Sargent Voight?"

"Matt, have you seen AJ?" I heard him ask and a lump grew in my throat.

"Not since last night at Molly's, before she and Jay left." I told him. "What's wrong? Is she OK?"

"I don't know, I can't get a hold of her. I've tried Erin and Jay but..."

"But they're currently indisposed." I thought.

"What does that mean?" I heard him ask and I realise I had said it out loud.

"Nothing Sargent, I just..."

"If it was nothing, Matt, you wouldn't have said anything, so tell me what's going on."

"I was on my way to my car this morning when I saw Jay and Erin walking into Aly's house, they looked like they were getting hot and heavy." I sighed, telling him what i saw. It was quiet for a minute before he sighed and spoke up.

"Can I ask a favor of you?" He asked.

"Sure?"

"Can you take a drive around, see if you find her car?"

"Well, I'm on shift but I can definitely take truck 81 for a ride, see what I find. Is there anywhere specific i should look?"

"Jay's place, Molly's, anywhere you think she might go."

"I'll let you know what I find." I told him. He thanked me and hung up.

I stood up from my desk, grabbed my radio and walked out to the rec room to find my crew. "81, let's take a ride." I called out, the crew followed, we geared up, incase of a call out while on the road and we climbed on the engine.

"Where to Cap?" Otis asked and I gave him the addresses. Every address came up empty, no sign she had been there. That was until we drove onto Jay's block and I saw her car.

"That's AJ's car?" Hermann called out and i had Otis pull up beside it. I jumped out and looked around. I saw a metal pipe on the road by the car. I got down on the floor and looked under the car where I phone a phone. I pressed the home button and felt my heart drop.

It was Aly's phone. I knew that because the home screen was still of Aly, Will, Natalie and I pulling goofy faces. I smiled sadly at the phone and jumped back on the truck, ordering Otis to head towards the 21st Precinct.

I handed the phone in to Hank, told him everything that I found then I left. Upon exiting the building a spotted Erin and Jay sat in the care, deep in conversation.

"Halstead!" I called. He spotted me and he climbed out of the car.

"AJ's car is still outside your place, did she..." I began but he interrupted me.

"Yeah, your point." He asked angrily.

"I don't have a point, I was just wondering if she had it when she left."

"How about you leave the Detective work to the actual detectives Firefighter Matt." He snapped, striding over and getting in my face. I saw a couple of my guys get between us and he scoffed.

"You know what, you're right, I'm sure Hank is getting somewhere by now, seeing as he's been looking for her since 9 am...where exactly have you been Halstead, last I heard, you and Lindsay were both unreachable, care to explain?" I accused

He threw a fist my way only to be pulled away before he could land it.

I watched as Erin pulled him away. The rest of the day dragged. Ambo had a couple call outs but nothing for truck 81nuntil around 6: 30 when we were called to a warehouse fire.

Pulling up the scene I noticed the flames were only on a small part of the building.

"Chief, the flames are centred mostly in the right second floor area." I yelled.

"Get in there, do a sweap, it could be kids messing around in their but better safe than sorry." He told me. I nodded and gave my orders to my crew.

Hermann, Kidd and I put our masks on and entered the building.

The smoke was thick, black and made visibility almost impossible.

"FIRE DEPARTMENT, CALL OUT!" I yelled, Hermann and Kidd split off, searching the building elsewhere. I kept going, feather into the room until is saw a door.

"FIRE DEPARTMENT, CALL OUT!" I yelled again.

"Matt..." I heard a voice call from inside the room before a fit of coughing. I kicked the door down and I scanned the room.

My eyes fell to a crumpled up mess of limbs on the floor and I ran over the victim was female, she was wearing nothing but a shirt and her underwear, her wrists tied together.

I saw another body in the corner, male and fully dressed from what I could see.

"Kidd, Hermann, I got two in here." I spoke into my radio. I lifted the body closest to me and I almost fell over. There in my arms laid an almost naked, unconscious AJ Lindsay.

"Aly?" I called out, hoping to get a response but nothing. I took off my mask and placed it over her face and I made my way back outside once I saw Hermann was grabbing the second Victim.

"Sylvie!" I yelled over to ambo as I kicked the door open and took her out.

"Matt?"

"It's Aly, she was in there." I coughed. I place her on the stretcher. My chest grew tight and Gabby handed me a mask as the chief came over.

"Casey, you OK?" He asked and I nodded, removing the mask but i felt a sharp smack on the back of my head. I turned around to see Sylvie glaring at me.

"Mask on or you're going to Med." She ordered. I rolled my eyes and turned back to Boden.

"Call Voight, tell him we found Aly and that she's in Med." I insisted. He nodded.

"I'll call as soon as you leave."

"Leave?"

"You're going to Med, you're off the rest of shift for recovery." He told me and I shook my head.

"Chief?"

"Casey, go to Med, keep AJ safe. Make sure you keep us updated." He ordered and I nodded. Climbing into the back of the ambulances with Aly and Gabby.