Chapter 25: A Job offer In Seattle ✔

A week after I was released from the hospital I was back at work. About three weeks after that, I was in working with Will when I had a phone call.

The call was from an unknown number so when I answered it I was surprised to find it was the chief of staff at Seattle Grace (A/N: it was the only thing I can thing off.)

The call was to inform me there was a position available in their ER and they offered it to me.

*Flashback*

"Hey, AJ, your phone is ringing again." Will called over fron the break table and I sighed.

"Which one is it now, Jay or Erin?" I groaned.

"Neither." He smiled.

"Then who is it? I asked as I poured my coffee in to my cup.

"Matt." He smirked. I smiled a little and walked over to my table only to see it was an unknown caller.

"Ass." I huffed as i picked up my phone and left the room to go outside.

"Hello?" I spoke i to the phone as I put it to my ear.

"Hello, is Dr. Alice-Jean Lindsay?" A voice asked down the phone.

"It is."

"Hello Dr. Lindsay, I'm Amanda Fuller, the Chief of staff at Seattle Grace Hospital. I'm calling because there is a job opening in our Emergency department and I think you are exactly what you're looking for."

"Wow, thanks, but I have a job."

"I know but honestly, I think you should really consider our offer. We are willing to really make it worth your while."

"Can I think about it?"

"Of course, but we really need an answer by tomorrow."

"Of course, I'll let you know as soon as I can."

"I really do think you'd fit in perfectly here as Seattle Grace." The woman informed me before she hung up, leaving me speechless.

*flashback End*

Now I can't lie, by the end of the day I was seriously considering it. It had been a long, heard day and a young girl was brought in this morning, a burns victim who had been assaulted and drugged. I took the case only to regret it an hour later when Jay and Erin came to ask me questions about the girl.

Three times I had to fight back anger and tears to help with the case. By the time my day was over I was so drained, I headed straight home and just collapsed on my bed.

When I couldn't sleep I decided To do some research on Seattle Grace, maybe it could give me some insight into what I should do.

After an hour or so I was still stuck so I called up the only person I knew would help me decide.

"It's 1am, what's wrong?"

"I need you're help, Matty." I muttered into the phone, feeling a little nervous as I spoke.

"Aly, what's wrong?" He asked suddenly panicked.

"Come over?"

"Be there in five." He told me before he hung up. I stood up, straightening my PJ's, which consisted of an pair of shorts and on old over sized shirt. One of Matt's actually.

"Aly! I'm here!" I heard Matt call as I walked out of my bedroom and down the stairs to see Matt stood there, a worried look on his face. I let out a chuckle as I motioned for him to follow me.

He reached the top of that stairs and he followed me to my room where I sat on my bed, motioned for him to join me, which his did.

"Aly, is everything OK?" He asked.

"Just, take a look at this for me?" I asked, handing him my laptop. He looked at confused and his confusion grew as he read the screen.

"What's going on, why am I looking at a hospital in Seattle?" He asked me. I sat quiet for a second before I looked up at the first person I had met since getting back to Chicago. I felt butterflies as I looked into his eyes and I sigh, looking back at my hands.

"I had a job offer, from Seattle Grace. The need an answer by tomorrow and I don't know what to do." I groaned standing up. It was quiet for a short while before Matt finally spoke up.

"Do you want to go?" He asked, a sad look in his eyes.

"Well...I...I'm not sure." I sighed.

"Well, how can I help?"

"Give me a reason to stay?" I asked, looking over at Matt.

"What?"

"Tell me to stay, tell me I'd have a better life here with you and my friends in Chicago. Tell me you don't want me to leave, just tell me anything because right now, I'm really considering the offer." I yelled, beginning to fell tears fill my eyes.

"I...I..." Matt stuttered before he stood up and walked over to me, grabbing my face and kissing me softly.

It was a good kiss, on filled with passion and an urgency I had never felt before.

It was a kiss like one you dream of as a kid, a handsome prince takes you face and his hands and kisses you so lovingly you see fireworks and feel electric run through every one of your veins.

Matt pulled away a little, looking into my eyes.

"Stay." He whispered.

"Matt..."

"Stay in Chicago, for me, for your family and friends but most importantly stay because you want to see what we could be. Let me be your reason to stay." He whispered. "I need you Aly."

I nodded, grabbing his face in mine and kissing him roughly, a kiss I had waited for since the day I had moved to this city.

I ran my fingers through his messy hair as he slid is hands under my shirt, sending sparks around my skin where his hands grazed my back.

I let my worries and bad thoughts wash away with every second our lips connected and melted into Matt's arms as we laid down on my bed. Forget the world, for getting about the choice I had to make because honestly, the choice was never Seattle or Chicago. Because I would always choose where ever Matt was and I knew that now.