Chapter 18: A Birthday Surprise ✔

A couple weeks into my relationship with Jay. I sort of noticed things change. We spent time together, which meant I didn't spent time with Matt or Will, which I didn't like but when ever I brought it up it sort of made him upset and we'd end up fighting.

A month into the relationship and I had completely stopped seeing Matt outside for work, we didn't even text any more. Which I hated but I wanted Jay and I to work so I swelled my pride.

But when I noticed Erin and Jay seemed to be getting closer I felt I needed to speak up.

So after work on the Saturday night, I drove to Jay's place, as previously planned and was surprised to find my sister and boyfriend already sat on the sofa, eating pizza and drinking beer for the third time this week.

To make matters worse, it was my birthday and we had made plans for dinner and a movie. Just Jay and I.

Now I trust my sister to not try anything with Jay. I mean she knew I was with him and she would never hurt me like that. But Jay was different. I didn't k ow him and maybe he was only being friendly with my sister for old time sake, but I just didn't feel comfortable with how much time he spent with her and not me

"Hello." I called out, making my self known. Both only looked at me and nodded before getting back to the tv they were watching.

Letting out I huff, another night of sitting there awkwardly while my boyfriend and sister reminisced about old time. I decided this wasn't what I wanted to do tonight, especially not on my birthday so I just turned back around and left. Not bothering to say goodbye.

Climbing in my car I happened upon a text.

Kell: Do you want to join Matt and I for drinks at Molly's tonight for your birthday???

I wanted to go but I felt that going out to celebrate with Matt would upset Jay, and course ANOTHER argument.

As I sat contemplating the decision I received another text, this time from Jay.

Jay: what the hell AJ, you just walked out, not even saying good bye?🤬🤬🤬

AJ: I'm sorry I just didn't feel like sitting in a room with you and Erin and you laugh and Joke about things I don't understand because 'I wasn't there' while I sit around awkwardly feeling like a third wheel.

Jay: don't be stupid. You don't feel awkward.🙄

AJ: how do you know how I feel? The last three nights Erin has been round and you two seem to forget I'm even there.

Jay: that's not true.

AJ: oh, no sorry, you remember I'm there when you guys need a refill or the door goes. Is it too much to ask for one night alone with you?🤬

Jay: I can't just kick her out now AJ, she's you're sister. My friend.

AJ: no, you can kick her out, you just don't want to. And I don't want to see you tonight anymore. I'm going to Molly's for a drink with Matt and Severide

Jay: like hell you are!!!🤬

I rolled my eyes at Jay's last text then text Kell.

Doc: I am SO in my friend. Tell Matty I'm on my way 😁

Kell: Awesome, be there at 8