Part 6

" Are you okay?" Severus asked and James nodded.

As per usual Lily and Severus brought dinner and laid it out on the small area beside James' bed. Lily was in the bathroom but Severus sat next to him mixing the dressing into their side salad.

" Are you gonna tell me why you and Lupin are avoiding each other or is it too soon?" Severus asked.

James inhaled and shook his head.

" I'll tell you but Lily can't know."

" Why?"

James shook his head and stared into nothing.

" She's a gryffindor. I don't want to start bad blood."

" I think she'd understand."

" Still. I want peace. I don't need any bias towards me or anyone else."

Severus hummed and was about to speak up again when Lily walked out of the bathroom.

" So. Since you are officially back on the quidditch team, I figured we go celebrate."

" Celebrate? How?" James asked and he was almost concerned by the excited glint in Lily's eyes.

" The 7th year Ravenclaws are throwing a party and I happen to get an invite." She said and Severus laughed.

" Oh god, he's that desperate?"

Lily nodded and Severus laughed even more, biting his lip to stop himself.

" What? Who's he?"

" Some blond trying to woo Lily. He's literally graduating and going after a 15 year old." He scoffed.

" He's 17, you make it sound way worse than it actually is."

" He's of age!"

" He just turned 17 it's fine." She waved him off.

" Anyway, you up for it?" Lily asked and James tugged on his ear.

" When is it?'

" Next week. Ravenclaw tower."

" Wouldn't the teachers know if they did it in school?"

" Yeah i thought so too but get this. Because they are the graduating class, Flitwick told them if they can all get above a 7 in their mock NEWTS then he'll let them."

" What? I can't even get a 5 in Herbology." Severus complained and James rolled his eyes.

" Shut up i saw your grades, you have an eight in 4 out of 7 classes." He hit his arm and Severus gasped at him.

" Excuse you, 5 classes. I just figured Astronomy out."

James hit him again for his shameless brag and Severus laughed, nudging him with his elbow as a sort of pay back.

Lily was grinning while watching them and Severus gave her a look.

" What?"

" Nothing. I just think you guys look good together."

" What?" James asked, remembering what Sirius told him.

Since when was he your boyfriend?

" It's nothing. Anyway, party. Yes or No?" She asked and Severus leaned back.

" Who else is going?"

At this Lily grinned again and again, Severus was concerned.

" Emma Vanity will be there."