Part 14

James wasn't lying when he said his mother cooks up a feast. The table was covered in various dishes and a large turkey sat in the middle.

It floated towards Fleamont and he rolled up his sleeves, carving it himself instead of a spell like they expected.

Euphemia did everything. She cooked, served, plated and kept adding onto Severus' plate because to her he was 'too skinny'.

" This looks delicious." Lily complimented and Euphemia cooed.

They fawned over Lily. They really liked her.

' You should eat more.' Lily's voice entered his head and he sighed.

' I'm trying.'

' Stop staring at James and eat.'

" what-? I'm not staring!" Severus said in panic and he realized far too late that he wasn't using legilimency.

He looked forward and saw four surprised faces looking at him and immediately looked down in embarrassment.

' wow.'

'Shut up Lily.'

' At least you managed that in Legilimency.'

" Are you two using your weird twin telepathy again?" James exasperated with a smile.

" We're not twins."

" And its not telepathy." Severus retorted and James rolled his eyes.

" Twin telepathy?" His father asked with curiosity.

James turned to his father with a smile that looked much too braggy to be amused.

" They're masters at Legilimency and use it to have secret conversations."

Lily rolled her eyes and Euphemia gasped.

" Really? That's a hard skill to master."

" We're far from masters. I still haven't gotten a good grasp at Occlumency yet." Lily waved it off but Euphemia insisted.

" Nonsense. Well trained wizards take years to master that stuff, the fact you can use it like that is extremely impressive."

" It's nothing ma'am." Severus said sheepishly and she went on about how her brother had tried for years and barely scratched the surface.

' you're welcome'

Was that....James' voice?

Severus' head snapped up and Lily's did too. They looked up to see James smirking behind his hand, picking at his food.

' You know Legilimency?'

James didn't answer back but instead picked up a conversation with his dad. lily and Severus shared a confused look but couldn't stay distracted for long.

" Is that a bruise?" Euphemia asked and touched James' arm.

Fleamont stood up and lifted his sleeve, covering the arm with his body. He inspected it then put the sleeve down, holding onto his sons shoulder.

" That's a pretty bad one. How'd you get it?"

" I'm fine, i just fell from my bed." James tried to get the freak out to a minimum but the damage was done.

" We should get ointment on it, is the carpet not thick enough? Should we replace it-?"

" Dad, it's fine. Really. I freaked out a little and Severus was there to help so it isn't as bad as you're imagining." James chuckled lightly and looked over at Severus who was staring at the arm that had the bruise