Part 10

You could hear the music blaring through the portrait before you even entered. The sound completely engulfed your senses when you walked in ad to some it was overwhelming, to others it was euphoric. The room was painted in a dark blue light with various lighting in certain spots. Extra couches and drinks were spread out and by the time the three arrived, everyone was well into the party.

" Three hours right?" James confirmed and Lily gave his arm a squeeze.

" Yeah just three. We can leave whenever you want."

" Ok." He responded and followed Lily around to where Pandora stood with her boyfriend.

" hey guys." Lily said happily and Severus looked around.

" Lovegood."

" Severus." The two said to each other and at that James tried and failed to hide his laugh.

" Is that how you greet people? You're kidding."  He turned around and told Severus. He himself had a confused look and furrowed his eyebrows.

" What? What's wrong with it?"

" You could at least say his first name."

" But it's weird."

" And Severus isnt?" Xeno said and James gestured towards him.

" He's got you there."

" Hey I'm named after a philosopher. I'm not taking shit from someone with the most basic name in Hogwarts." Severus snapped back and James glared at him.

" What about Lily?"

" Hey don't bring me into this." She defended and Severus just waved his hands in front of his face.

" Okay whatever, yes that's how i greet people Potter." He said with emphasis and James looked genuinely offended for a second.

" How dare you."

" How dare I?"Severus pointed to himself and their bickering was interrupted by Pandora giggling.

" You were right Lily, they do argue like a married couple." She said and Xeno chuckled.

Severus went red and rolled his eyes.

" Bugger off Dora."

" Stop calling me Dora."

Severus made a childish mocking face unlike himself and walked away from the four, leaving them amused and in shock.

" Looks like you got under his skin." Lily pointed out and Pandora shrugged.

" He always gets under mine, thought he could use a taste of his own medicine." She said and watched him walk away.

Then she suddenly looked at James with a very serious expression and it gave him the chills.

" What do you think about him James?" She asked and Lily raised her eyebrows.

" Yeahhh. I always hear about your antics together. It's clear you have chemistry so whats goin' on?" Xeno chirped in and James looked at Lily for help.

She just sipped on the drink Pandora handed her and looked away with a smirk.

" Uhhh-"

" You don't like him?"

" Not like that....i think?" James said and with every word Pandora's eyes lit.

" That's quite the answer."

" It is." Lily said and James rolled his eyes.

" Ok what's with all this? Me and him are friends, there are no lingering feelings going around." He made a hand gesture but Pandora didn't look convinced.