Part 19

" One day, i promise to get better for you. Until that day, i'm sorry."

———————————————————————————

Severus has probably spent more time with his classmates in the past two weeks than he has in the past 6 years.

Six full years of being in the same class and he's only just realized they aren't as unbearable if you dont take everything they say to heart.

There's no need to watch your words in case someone find them impolite, because everyone is impolite.

Theres no need to keep things secret because whatever horrible family you have, they have it worse. Except they have money so the stress is either 10 times harder or 10 times less.

"My dad just bought me a watch to say sorry for the hex."

"My mum bought me a new broom kit."

" My dad replaced my old cauldron."

They patch up their kids trauma with expensive toys and gadgets, stuff that makes you look more interesting to other aristocrats.

Severus found it hilarious how the wizarding world still had aristocrats while the muggle world didn't. Maybe rich people sure, but not people they'd consider noble of some sort.

But there was such classism in the wizarding world and Severus has never felt it more till now.

" One of my dads friends accidentally crucio-d me. He forced his friend to buy me whole bookstore can you believe that? Rare books too." A 7th year slytherin said as they sat around the common room, Mulciber at Severus' side.

Barty Jr, Vanity and Mulciber were the only ones he really liked. Avery and the Carrow brothers always seemed a little too dark for him.

He cant even imagine what it would've been like if Lucius Malfoy was still in school. Regulus was a good kid but a little snobbish. He was kind, much too kind for his own good.

It was clear he let his parents walk all over him to not be like his "failure" brother. The reason why Severus says snobbish is because he acts like the noble house of Black is exactly like its name, Nobility.

He has no title, no estate, no social standing other than his father's name. His mother is a witch ( not just literally) who abuses her children to her definition of perfection.

And when it doesn't work she disowns them. And his father does absolutely nothing. For his wife, for his kids, for the ministry, absolutely nothing.

For someone who holds so much power by just his last name, he sure seems useless.

Their bad habits seeped into Regulus' and made him quiet, observant and completely insufferable if you got him in a bad mood.

But he makes a good potions partner so Severus wouldn't say he doesn't like him.

" Say, Potter seems to take a liking to you." Barty mentioned one night when they were all sitting at the library.

Barty and Regulus were in the same year so they were friends, Severus and Mulciber were roommates and Vanity was Severus' friend. So it was one of those rare study sessions with the few people he can tolerate from his own house.

" Yes and?" Severus asked. None looked up from their notes or books, gossip wasn't worth losing focus.

" Did you know Regulus likes him?" Barty announced and Regulus all but ripped out his textbook pages.