The Big Bad Wolf

Pete feels unwell so he decides to take some meds; he takes the wrong ones.

 Vegas loses his marbles.

•❀──────✧❀✦❀✧──────❀•

-Pete-

I've been taking care of Venice the whole day while Vegas was in a meeting. My head was pounding. Uh, It was the worst headache that I've ever had; I could feel my temples burning. I was scared that I caught the flu or something and didn't want to spread it to my son, so I asked Macau to take care of him for a while.

I walked downstairs to the kitchen, searching the cabinets for some medicine. Apparently, we ran out of it. I went back to our bedroom frustrated.

Uhhh, just when I need some relief it runs out?!

I noticed some pill cases on one of the shelves, so I started digging through them, checking the labels.

Something for stomachaches... no, something for constipation... yikes! No thanks. Vegas' sleeping pills container was laying there as well, but surprisingly so, it was empty.

Fuck my life.

I started digging through Vegas' drawer. There was a case that caught my eye:

Heat ducing Pills

The first letters of the second word were smeared, but obviously, it meant that these pills were heat-reducing pills, like Paracetamol. I mean, what else could they be? Right?

Seems legit.

I popped one pill into my mouth and swallowed it dry, waiting for the effects to kick in.

Without me noticing, I drifted to sleep.

I woke up around 3 AM sweating like a pig. I felt dizzy and feverish; Overall, way worse than before.

Bullocks.

What was going on?

I felt huge pain striking my loins. Dazed and confused, I walked downstairs to look for Vegas since I noticed he hasn't returned home yet.

As I was going down the stairs, I kept feeling horrible stomach cramps, making me almost lose my balance. Vegas caught me midway.

"What happened to you," he asked grinning, "don't you know how to walk straight anymore?"

"Very funny. Why are you back home so late?"

"The new client, Mr. Panya, was quite troublesome. We kept fighting over the drug prices. The dumbass didn't want to pay the price we agreed upon and thought he could outhandle me by stealing our supplies. Well, he won't be thinking about doing it again," Vegas said with an evil grin, "at least not after losing his ear."

"..."

"Well enough about me, you look really bad," Vegas said and touched my forehead, "are you sick my love?"

"I don't know... I just woke up feeling like shit."

Suddenly, Vegas began sniffing the air. He got even closer to me, nose touching my neck, and started scenting me.