Together

Y/N slowly opened her eyes to see Steve holding her hand and had fallen asleep in the chair.

'Wake up sleeping beauty' smiled Y/N

'Heeeeey, how are you feeling?' Steve stretched and gave a yawn.

'Tired, but other then that I think I'm ok, what happened?

'Well, long story short when the scepter cut your hand open and touched your skin the stone inside the tesseract, got absorbed into your body'

'A what now, absorbed?! That explains why I thought I was going to blow up in a thousand pieces. I have never felt a power like that before.' Y/N looked at her wound, it was healing but also got 2nd degree burns so Bruce was preparing special bandages for her hand.

Bruce walked in and was happy to see Y/N awake. Steve caught him up with the explanation whilst Bruce began wrapping Y/N's hand and glancing now and then at her vitals.

'But, what stone?' Y/N was watching Bruce carefully tend to her wounds.

'The space stone' interjected Bruce 'When your ready you may leave the medical bay, if however you start feeling unwell please come back to me' he then walks off with a clipboard studying the paper.

Turning to Steve she opens her mouth to speak but Steve knew what she was about to ask

'The space stone let's you travel through the galaxy, visiting worlds. You have now absorbed this power and Wanda wants to help, but when your ready of course! '

Y/N nods, she had a thought but kept it to herself..for now.

'How about a strawberry and vanilla milkshake with fresh cream and a cherry- my treat' Steve beams.

'Sounds perfect'

While heading back to the compound Steve notices Sam and Bucky outside with a beer.

'Go join them, I will go rest' Y/N hugs Steve and heads inside. While heading to her room she could feel her powers growing again,she was about to turn the door handle when she spun round and started to walk to the basement. Using her good hand she placed it on the door security scanner, they slide opened and she see's Loki sat on the floor with his head between his knee's. Slowly she crept towards him, he was there, it was no dream, she began to hum a song in which Loki begins to stir and began to sing to her humming.

'Stormsvarte fjell, jeg vandrer alene,
In storm-black mountains I wander alone

Over isbreen tar jeg meg frem,
Over the glacier I make my way

I eplehagen står møyen den vene,
In the apple garden stands the maiden fair

Y/N joins in.
'Og synger: "når kommer du hjem?"
and sings "when will you come home?"

They both touch the glass of the prison. Hands against each other,glowing as they try to feel each others warmth.
Loki smiles with tears in his eyes.

'I have not sung that song since the last time we argued and I got lost in the mountains'

Y/N chuckled

'That is when I saw the real you, part frost giant. '

'Monster' Loki sighed

'Don't make me come in there and make you regret saying that. You are not a monster,you never were Loki'

'Look at what I have done Y/N, my search of finding you made me go crazy. I struck a bargain with the dark elves who promised me they would find you. I just needed the Tesseract' he bowed his head in shame'

'Oh Loki' she places her forehead on the glass.

'Even if it took a thousand years' he reminisces.
Their moment was quickly broken.

'Y/N? What are you doing here? I thought you was resting. I seen you on the camera upstairs. Come you need to recover' Steve places his hands on her shoulders.
'You should not talk with this poor excuse of a friend, he killed 80 people with his reckless attempt of taking over the world'

'He did it for me, he was promised help for finding me. He does not deserve to be locked up Steve'
Steve is taken aback as to why Y/N is defending the prisoner.

'You can't be serious,he is a monster Y/N and not to be trusted'

'He is not a monster' snapped Y/N

'You're just tired, come on I'll bring you to bed'

'Keep your grubby Midgardian hands off her' Loki snarled, slamming his fists on the cell window.

'You're not really in a position to threaten me bub' Steve grabbed Y/N's arm, jealousy was starting to take hold and did not realise he was hurting her.

Loki noticed that Y/N's eyes were beginning to glow and he smirked.

'Your going to regret that'

Before Steve could notice Y/N let out a scream and they were blinded by her aurora and the power in the compound went out. Steve could see nothing it was pitch black due to the power shortage and started to panic. Tony began talking over the intercom and the power came back on.

'Fuck. Guys, we have a problem' Steve started frantically searching.

The prison cell was empty and both Loki and Y/N were no where to be found.

'We need to quickly get to my car outside, they know it's mine but I can definitely drive faster then Steve'

Loki grabs her hand and teleports them to the front. Her car is still there,thankfully her keys and phone was in her back pocket because it would of been a bit difficult in getting to her room now with the heightened security, she was having mixed emotions about Steve and the others,she did not hate them or want to harm them but she knew Loki needed her and all common sense left her body. The heart got what it wanted.

'I have an apartment that they don't know about yet but they probably have an idea roughly where, so I want to park this up. Destroy my work phone and we can hide somewhere else'

Loki was more interested in car, his hand gliding down the panels.

'Well this is different then horses' he gleamed, Y/n nods and puts his seatbelt on.

'What are you doing? You know you can trust me! Get me out of this contraption!' he tugs at the seatbelt.

Y/N bursts into laughter.

'This is for your safety, this car has a lot more power then a single horse. I drive like a lunatic according to the Avengers,so if we were to crash this will prevent you from being ejected from this vehicle'
She noticed he calmed when he saw her also strapping herself in. She sped off to the gates and saw they were not opening as usual.

'Fuck, Loki sweetie if you don't mind, The gates seem to be jammed' she grins.

Knowing straight away what needed to be done he flung his hand and the gates broke open and flew to the ground letting Y/N drive through,escaping the compound. Meanwhile the Avengers now sat in the meeting room discussed their options. Thor shrugged.

'I mean, I did tell you. Their bond is unbreakable, my mother mentioned soulmates'

Steve fidgeted in his chair when he heard soulmates, she did tell him Loki would always be first but had hoped he there was enough time to show that he was capable of caring for her too.

'Well Pointbreak do you have any ideas where they could go to?' Tony questioned

'Well Loki hasn't really been to earth so it will probably be Y/N who will be hiding them'

'And we do not know much about Y/N to know her usual spots, she isn't stupid however so she wouldn't visit them anyway' Tony then put his hands through his hair.

'Asgard?' Natasha shrugs

'No, Heimdall has strict orders from my father not to allow her through the gate'

'Well then we need to fan out over the city, Ross will have our heads if he finds out Loki escaped and that due to the help of one of our guys' Tony walks off scrolling through his phone.