Making history

Sitting at the lake Y/N was still in her gym clothes, the group was impressed at how much she had improved her fighting but it also made them slightly uneasy, she was already powerful but this was next level.

'Hi Steve' she sensed someone approaching behind her.

'Oh, man, It is impossible to sneak up on you' he then stood next to Y/N.

'May I?' As Y/N nodded he sat down next to her but still kept some distance, Y/N was still staring out over the lake.

'I thought it was best if we talked about our last meet, especially if your staying here for a few days, we should be focused for the upcoming mission' he paused to gaze her emotions but she was still staring.

' I do apologize how it ended, I should never have snapped at you and on the year of Loki's death too. I just loved you so much and thought you felt the same'

'Loved?' Y/N turned to face him

'Well, I still do, your an amazing person and love your honesty, you bring out the best in people, your always fun to be around. But we did make an agreement in the beginning you were right, this was just fun. I just wanted more' he began to pluck at the grass on the floor and Y/N placed her hand on the side of his cheek and they looked into each others eyes and she glimpsed her ring shining in the sunlight then placed her hand back down.

'I'm sorry too, I noticed you became comfortable and people were saying you were in love but I just loved the attention and I didn't want to be lonely, I was being selfish and you don't deserve a love like that. Find someone that wants to settle down with you, get married and have little Captain Americas running around. My heart will always be for Loki and that will never be fair for you. Whoever you find will be one lucky lady and you deserve so much happiness Steve, your sweet, thoughtful and caring'

They are now both almost nose on nose and lips are open, feeling each others warm breath on their lips. Y/N gives him a gentle kiss on the lips and they touch foreheads.

'Friends?' He asks,

'Friends' they then sit next to each other in silence before getting up and heading inside before it got too cold.

It has now been a week since Tony explained his plan and everyone got measured and fitted for their suits, they each had a suitcase to house the stone in once collected.

'Y/N?' Thor called out, stretching she got up from lying on the sofa, Clint threw some popcorn at her.
'In here big guy, we are watching a movie, well some of us were cause it seems Y/N fell asleep during' Clint replied.
Thor entered and was greeted by Y/N, Clint and Natasha, waving with one hand behind his back he sat next to Y/N and he produced a medium wooden box box, decorated in gold Asgardian script and a serpent on the box. Y/N ran her fingers over the snake.

'Personal touch from Mother' he smiled.

'Wow it is beautiful but why gift me a box?' Y/N picks it up from Thor's hands and places it on her lap, she opens it to find a snake pendant with 6 holes.

'Each hole will house the infinity stones once we collect them all, father did say he mentioned about forging something for you'

Y/N was in awe at the craftsmanship,

'He did, I'm speechless'

'That doesn't happen often..' Clint joked, Natasha punched his arm 'Ouch!'

'Thanks Nat' Y/N then stuck her middle finger up to Clint.

Placing the pendant around her neck she thanks Thor, the determination now stronger then ever to get her hands on the stones, she has trained so hard for the moment where she stands in front of Thanos, him begging her for mercy.
They finish the movie ready to head to bed, tomorrow was the day that they would prepare and practice, tomorrow was the day where life could change.
 A friend was visiting too - Scott Lang who is also known as Ant man, he thought it would be very cool to time travel and wanted to be a volunteer, no one objected.

Led in bed Y/N started to feel nervous, what if this was just false hope and it did not work. Time travel in itself was daunting, what if she got stuck in another time era that did not appeal to her but then having to grow up alone again and wait for the present day to meet everyone once more. Eyelids were getting heavy and she let out a yawn, holding the serpent pendant she whispers 'Goodnight my love, will see you soon'

At the workshop they all meet at the pad, Tony is handing out everyone's suit.

'Fits like a glove' Scott was wiggling his butt, Y/N laughed while Tony sighed.

Bruce was at the control panels and was in deep focus, everyone had their suits on to protect them during the warp phase of time travel.

'Scott, walk onto the pad please. Be careful what you do, time at your location is much longer for you then for us here. So I am gonna send you through, then after 3 seconds pull you back and see if that works.'

Scott hesitated at first and then slapped his helmet and screamed. Everyone jolted back in surprise and he started to swing his arms and stretch.

'Just walk on the damn pad Scott' sighed Tony, Y/N stifled her giggle.

'Let us make history!' Scott yells and runs to the pad.

'Ok, ready when you are Scott' Bruce waits for his answer, Scott turns to Y/N.

'Please may I have the honor of one last kiss from you, incase I don't make it?'

Tony reaches to the panel and hits the button. Wriggling her fingers bye Y/N blows a kiss and Scott vanishes.

'Tony!' Natasha shakes her head and he shrugs.

'Three!' Shouts Bruce then pulls down a leaver and swirls begin to appear on the pad. Scott springs back onto the pad with a newspaper dating 1950, he jumped in the air.

'Guys, it was amazing!' Then he starts to pat himself down to check if all was normal and all body parts were accounted for, everyone then turned to look at Tony who seemed to be in his own world. It worked.

'When do we go?' Y/N stepped forward snapping him out of his thoughts.

'I'll go now, I'm ready'

Bruce held up his hands waving them in a panic,

'Sorry Y/N but I now need to scan Scott just see see if anything has changed and do a full body scan to see if anything is damaged.

'Wait, what?' Scott jerked around looking surprised, Y/N pushed Scott in which he fell.

'Seems fine to me' she shrugged and Bruce crossed his arms.

'Fine, but let us not wait too long. I need my friends to come back home' with that she walks off out of the room, her patience was wearing thin but she couldn't rush her plan. The wait will be worth it in the end she thought.