Dawn

Y/N started to toss and turn and woke up in a bit of a sweat,luckily Steve was sleeping peacefully so she sat up took a deep breath. She put on her jogging pants and Steve's t-shirt and headed for outside, sometimes a 3am walk helped and on this particular night it was silent. Passing the rooms of the others she could hear snoring coming from Bucky and Thor's room, there was a new rotation of guards around the palace.
After spending a week at Wakanda she knew the route and headed on a path that led her to a hill with a tree. She found peace there and it reminds her of the tree in the secret garden on Asgard.
As she sat the breeze made the long grass dance and the moonlight made the scenery visible. The crickets were buzzing and she saw a dung beetle walk past, rolling a ball of dung. Y/N noticed the breeze stopped and everything was eerily still.
She jumped up and turned around in a fighting pose waiting to attack.

' I do not wish to fight, yet, Asgardian' A tall alien like demon stood, with black horns and she seemed unarmed.

'Who are you?' Y/N stayed in her fight pose, uncertain to who she was.

' I am Proxima Midnight from The Black Order. I come here with a message from Thanos'

Y/N froze, thoughts were racing round her head but she continued to gaze at the horned like demon infront of her.

'Thanos wants you to hand over the mind and space stone and he won't visit and obliterate your friends and family.
We have the rest of the stones so take the easy path and hand them over. Otherwise at sunset you better ready your troops' she smirked

Y/N knew she couldn't give the stones and well her stone was a bit more difficult, she absorbed it or at least she was the vessel according to Bruce.

'Well, little messenger you can tell Thanos he won't be getting the stones and with the uttermost respect to go fuck himself'
The alien snarls and clenched her fists taking a step forward,

'Lets go, just me and you, I will let Thanos find you shredded in pieces on the floor' Y/N summons an orb and lets it swirl around her fingers, she could tell this alien wanted to fight but then it looked up and smiled. She started to glow and was teleported up, the alien disappeared and Y/N was left alone to process everything that had just happened.

*Shit*

She started to run and realize she could teleport. However the rooms were similar and she picked one out of memory, appearing in the room she shook who she thought was Steve and as the person turned round she saw a metal arm gleam in the moonlight shining through the window, Y/N realized the mistake but it was too late.

'Hey Doll, Steve boring you already? Don't worry I can keep you company' he gives a cheeky grin and lifts the bedsheets to invite her in.

'Lady Y/N?' Thor was in the bed next to him.
'Dreaming of Loki again? Let me get some clothes on' he gets up and she could see, well everything. Looking away Y/N laughs

'Jesus Thor, I don't need to see Mjolner'

Thor too sleepy to care wrapped his bed sheet around him.

'Sorry guys but I teleported into the wrong room, but I need to alert, well everyone I guess. I was just visited by an alien- Thanos sent her to give us a warning, said if I didn't hand the stones over we better be ready for war at sunset. Thanos is coming.'

With that being said they were suddenly awake grabbing their clothes and in a stumble getting dressed. Y/N left to look for Steve, Bucky and Thor went knocking on other people's doors to alert them.
Steve heard the commotion and peeked his head out and called for Y/N who now runs towards him.

'Get dressed Steve, we got a big problem. We need to alert T'Challa now'

It was one hour till sunrise and even though T'Challa reassured everyone that their defenses are good you could still sense panic in the air.
Y/N was sharpening her daggers and preparing for the fight. Vision was held in the laboratory, Shuri was attempting to take the mind stone out of his fore head in order to protect him from being destroyed by Thanos, Wanda was by his side ready to defend.
Y/N felt an arm around her waist and Steve snuggled his face into her neck and she rested her head on his. They stood for a minute or two like this, as if they knew something bad was gonna happen today.
'Don't do anything stupid ok' he jokes, smiling she cups his face and kisses him.
'Can't make any promises I'm afraid Captain' they then hug and they hear someone clearing their throat behind them.

'Hey guys, Tony wants to see us all now in the courtyard' Natasha then heads back out.
In the background you heard chants and war screams, T'Challa had already sent some of his warriors out front to scout out for possible threats.

'This is it guys, as you know Wanda stays with Vision and Steve will stay with Y/N' Tony was interrupted by Thor stepping forward.

'I will also stay with Y/N, she is family and I will protect her with my life - Loki would want me to' he then looks at Y/N who is looking at him with admiration and a tear in her eye.

'Right.. Natasha and Yelena I need you to look out for stragglers who will attempt to get to the lab where Vision is. Bruce I need you to be at front with your green suit, Hawkeye - you do you. Bucky and Thor kick ass. I will stay in the air to call down updates and strategies'
Tony begins to suit up and Natasha begins doing stretches.
Walking out onto the field she noticed a row of warriors lining up with spears, waiting for their fate.

'Watch out!!' Steve yells and Y/N turns around to see an orange portal opening up, she runs to the portal waving her hands.

'Seize fire, he is friendly' as she spoke Dr.Strange came out of the portal and onto the field.

'Good Morning Y/N' he looks around him. 'Ah preparing I see, it won't be long I'm afraid'

'Did you manage to find anything for us?' Y/N was hopeful but judging by his facial expression he was not successful.

'Sorry Y/N, There are some things I cannot change otherwise the timelines could be greatly affected, I am also unable to tell you what happens or what you should do. I will however help to the best of my ability within the rules'

'Right' Turning to everybody she introduced Stephen to the group and he agreed he came to help fight and retrieve his time stone.
A buzzing sound could be heard above them and the skies turned dark grey, a large space ship looms into sight from the darkened clouds and starts to hover above the field. Tony took a look at his team who in return were looking at Steve waiting for his signal. Steve who gave a soft smile to Y/N turned and gave a slight nod to the team and yells:

'AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE'