Chapter 1: The Boy From the Sky

"I can't wait to see the look on Endeavor's face when I kill his own masterpiece!"

The one he used to call brother, was now preparing the same attack that torched his skin before. To end it all right there. 

"Sorry Shoto! But I can't allow Endeavor to waltz around the country acting as the "No. 1 Hero" any longer!"

"Flashfire Fist: JET BURN!"

The attack came at Shoto slowly, but he was exhausted and had to get ready to take the attack head-on.

That is until someone grabbed him and threw him away and out of the attack's trajectory. 

"Endeavor..."

"You did well Shoto, rest now..." Endeavor started to say. "AND LEAVE THE REST TO ME!!!" He ignited his flames to go against his eldest son's quirk, trying to stop the attack.

Shoto's eyes widened as he fell from the sky, then saw black around him as he made his descent. He didn't know whether he was going to pass out or not, all he knew was that he was too high up to not sustain major injuries and that his father was now taking on more than he should. He looked over towards his father, the one he usually calls Endeavor due to the past they share, reaching his arm out to him, hoping that he would hear his son's cries.

"DAD!!!"

As Endeavor turned around, his eyes widened when he saw his youngest disappear from his sight. He tried to go help his son, wanting to prove that he can still call him dad after everything he's done. He was forced to divert his attention when his eldest released another attack.

"SHOTO!!!"

Shoto barely heard his father call out to him, but he knew he heard him say his name with a voice that was laced with worry and concern. That was all the comfort he needed at the moment when his vision was clouded with black.

It was just a normal day... kinda... for Kyojuro Rengoku, the Flame Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps. Due to him being a Hashira, missions that were actually challenging and/or interesting were hard to come by. Though that doesn't mean he doesn't like an easy day sometimes, because of those days he can just hang out and laugh alongside the other Hashira. Tonight was only interesting because he fought a demon with an unusual Blood Demon Art that made it quite the task to defeat. He could see why the other members struggled against it and sent him to help take care of it. He was on his way back to headquarters, he was enjoying the peaceful walk through the woods, after all, it's rare to get a moment of peace and quiet like this when demons were roaming around all night. And that night wasn't an exception. Even though it was near sunrise, he felt a presence approach him from the sky, although it was unusual because the presence felt more human. But a human flying through the sky?

"Wait... it's not flying... it's coming down too fast to be flying," Kyojuro said to himself. 

He looked up at the sky where he felt the presence of a young boy falling through the sky, completely knocked unconscious. Kyojuro's eyes widened at what he saw, how did a human boy get up there? He had to save the questions for later before he hit the ground, which would be fatal from the height and speed he was falling at. He started running toward the boy, using the trees in the surrounding woods to help him get up to the height he needed to reach him. When he got high enough to catch him, he saw how badly he was injured, only making him worry more. He quickly tried to think of a way to soften their landing so it wasn't such a jolt for the boy in his arms and for his own legs. He carefully adjusted the boy in his arms so he wouldn't hurt him any further and so he could use his sword to soften their landing.

"Flame Breathing Fourth Form:"

"BLOOMING FLAME UNDULATION!"

Using this form, he created a bunch of flames that circled around, softening their landing on the ground. Kyojuro put his sword away, then carefully laid the boy he just rescued down on the ground to inspect his injuries. He saw the entire left side of his body completely torched and burned up, badly enough that it would probably leave another scar on his body. The right side of his body was definitely burned a bit, but not as much as the left. In fact, it looked more like the right side of his body had ice all over it, which would probably be cold enough to leave some sort of burn. Kyojuro listened in closer, only to hear his breathing being very ragged, as if his lungs were burned up inside too. He felt around his chest and neck, checking to see if there was a steady pulse and any other injuries he couldn't see. He had a feeling he broke some of his ribs, and that maybe one of them scratched a lung. Kyojuro was definitely curious about what kind of demon could do this kind of damage, along with how this boy survived and even ran into the demon.