Chapter 46: New Mission

4 months later

"You know, the idea you came up with this time around was both genius yet so outlandish at the same time," Okemia commented as she walked down the road with Shoto.

"I got the idea from the combo of Aoyama and Hagakure, and, weirdly, you're taking Aoyama's role even though your quirk is more similar to Hagakure's," Shoto said.

"When thinking about it, my quirk is like a combo of both of their quirks, right?" Okemia wondered.

"Not really, Aoyama can only create laser beams from his... naval, while you don't create it from your body and rely on the outside light and can do it from any part of your body," Shoto said.

"I guess that's true," Okemia said.

"Shoto? Okemia? Is that you?"

The duo stopped and turned around to see their friend Tanjiro walking toward them with Nezuko's box on his back.

"Hey Tanjiro, coming back from a solo mission?" Okemia asked.

"Yeah, it's been a bit since we got together and talked, hasn't it?" Tanjiro mentioned.

"Well, Okemia and I have been training in our quirks and techniques, and you've been busy training with Kyojuro on Sun Breathing, on top of that we all have our solo missions. It's not surprising that we haven't caught up in some time," Shoto said.

"I guess so, even Zenitsu and Inosuke have been training hard between missions as well," Tanjiro said.

"It's expected from Inosuke, but Zenitsu?" Shoto wondered.

"He's changed a bit, instead of throwing bog tantrums like before he just whines about it now," Tanjiro said.

"So he's still a wimp, but less pathetic than before?" Okemia summarized.

"I guess that's one way to put it, I wouldn't have said it so harshly though," Tanjiro said.

"How was your last mission?" Shoto asked as he continued walking and switched up the topic.

"Ah, it was no big deal," Tanjiro replied, giving into the topic change. "It was just a small mantis-like demon, nothing serious."

"That's good, missions have been getting easier ever since I started the hardcore training with Shoto," Okemia said. "Can't believe how much stronger I've gotten just from training with someone different, though that might also be because I switched to a style that suits me better."

"It's the same with me, though instead of Shoto it's Rengoku and I switched to Sun Breathing," Tanjiro said. "It was tough to even use one form of it before, but after some rough training with Rengoku's guidance, I can do a few of them at a time. Though I still need to pause every so often to take a breather, I haven't gotten the trick of doing it endlessly like I need to."

"Maybe you're doing excess movement?" Shoto wondered. "Like you're adding an extra step into the process that makes it harder to use?"

"Maybe. If I'm expected to dance forever, then I guess even the smallest of excess movements would build up exhaustion that much more," Tanjiro considered. "I'll try looking more into it with Rengoku later."

"As usual, you always know what to say, don't you, Shoto?" Okemia asked.

"Not always, it was just a thought, I could be wrong," Shoto said.

"Anyways, we're getting close to the estate-" Okemia was about to say, but was suddenly cut off.

"What's with the commotion over there?" Tanjiro asked, hearing the squeals from afar.