Chapter 36: Discussions On The Mugen Train

"This Rengoku, he's a Hashira, right?" Zenitsu asked Tanjiro as he dragged Inosuke behind him so he didn't run off. "You sure you'll recognize him?"

"Yeah, along with his fiery hair," Tanjiro said as they walked through the cars. "I remember his scent too. Don't forget Shoto might be here too and he's hard to miss. I'll tell you when I sense them," Tanjiro told him before he opened the door to the next car.

"TASTY!"

As they kept getting closer, they could hear the chorus of "tasty" coming from a fiery-haired man eating boxed lunches. They also spotted their half-and-half friend eating alongside him. Once they got close, they saw Kyojuro saying "tasty" after every bite, he was so into his food it didn't look like they even knew they were there.

"That's the Flame Hashira?" Zenitsu asked. "Not just some random glutton?"

"Hey guys," Shoto greeted the trio. "Don't mind him, he's partially deaf so if you want him to hear you it's better to shout louder than he can. Or just get in his view, that works too."

"Tasty!"

"Excuse me, sir," Tanjiro said as he approached Kyojuro.

"Tasty!"

"R-Rengoku?"

"TASTY!" He shouted as he turned toward Tanjiro.

"Yeah, we heard you the first 50 times," Tanjiro said.

"Sit down, you're a part of the mission now, right?" Shoto asked.

"Yeah, we were asked to help out," Tanjiro said.

"Then help with finishing off these box lunches, 'cause I sure can't," Shoto said.

"...huh?"

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

When they finished those lunches...

"It's you, you were at the mansion," Kyojuro said.

"Yes, I'm Tanjiro Kamado," Tanjiro told him. "This is Zenitsu Agatsuma, and this here is Inosuke Hashibira."

"I see, also, isn't there one in that box?" Kyojuro asked.

"Right, my sister Nezuko," Tanjiro slightly turned his head to the box on his back when he mentioned her.

"Yes! I remember that demon," Kyojuro said. "Since the Master and my Tsuguko accepted her, I will keep my peace." Kyojuro watched as Tanjiro's expression shifted, then decided to pat the seat next to him and across from Shoto. "Sit down, won't you?"

Tanjiro took Kyojuro on his offer while Zenitsu and Inosuke sat on the other side of the aisle. Shoto could see the giddy in Inosuke's posture, and it wasn't a good thing. "I'm gonna make sure Inosuke doesn't make a fool of himself since Zenitsu won't be able to wrangle him on his own."

"Haha! You got some entertaining friends!" Kyojuro commented as he watched his Tsuguko walk over to the other two. "So you three were ordered to join me and Shoto?"

"Yes, we received a message from a crow which let us know that casualties on this train were on the rise," Tanjiro said.

"That's why you're here, understood," Kyojuro said. "Can I assume Shoto filled you in on what he was doing when you were together at the Butterfly Estate?"

"Just the basics, you two were investigating the railway systems since there were multiple reports of missing people on several of them," Tanjiro said. "Is this one of them?"