Chapter 40: Upper Three: Akaza

"Your turn?" Akaza asked. "You don't seem like a Hashira. But I will say, I've never seen Ice Breathing before. You want to show me-"

Shoto then was up in Akaza's face in a low guard before he could finish speaking. "Flame Breathing, Second form:"

 "Flame Breathing, Second form:"

"Rising Scorching Sun"

Akaza backed up yet still got slashed in his chest from the sudden flaming attack. He wasn't expecting Flame Breathing since he just used a new Ice Breathing technique. "Flame-"

"Ice Breathing, Seventh form:" Shoto's right sword started freezing over to the point that frost looked like it was starting to cover it. 

"Frozen Blade"

The slashes create deep slices into Akaza's arms as he tries to block his strikes. "Flame Breathing, Eighth form:"

"Jet Kindling"

Shoto spins around and his left sword swings with a bright red glow, creating a single strike across Akaza's chest. When his sword made contact with Akaza's skin it made an explosion that forced both fighters back. 

"Two techniques..." Akaza mumbled as his maniacal smile appeared on his face. "You're a true dual wielder! I've never seen someone use Ice Breathing, much less two techniques at once!" Shoto didn't give him any sort of excitement, swinging his swords to the side to get the blood off before going back to a stance. "What's your name?"

"I'm Shoto Todoroki," he answered. "Tsuguko of Kyojuro Rengoku."

"Tsuguko? So you're his apprentice," Akaza concluded. "Well then, shall we?"

"Ice Breathing, Fifth form:"

"Might Hailstorm"

"Blood Demon Art:" Akaza lowered his stance and pulled his hands behind his back as Shoto came at him. "Destructive Death:"

 "Destructive Death:"

"Disorder"

The first collision between a fist and a sword resulted in a massive shockwave that even had Kyojuro struggling to stay standing. Shoto was able to force the fist back at the cost of not being able to bring it back right away, meaning he had to use another attack. "Flame Breathing, 5th form:"