Chapter 3: Introducing a New World

Shoto woke up the next morning with the sun shining through the light of the window on the other side of the room he was in. He sat up so he would be ready to greet whoever was going to check on him that morning. The door to his room opened, and a girl that was a bit shorter than Shinobu but not as short as the first girl he met. She wore a butterfly pin that was colored green and pink, like Mitsuri's hair, and her eyes were a dark shade of purple, like Shinobu's tips of her hair. She came in with a tray of food in her hands, and she placed it on Shoto's lap without saying a word.

"Good mornin'," Shoto said, glad he could speak a bit better than the night before.

The girl looked at him and smiled, she then got out a coin and flipped it, and it landed on heads.

"Good morning," she said, the smile still on her face.

"What's your... name?" Shoto asked, struggling to say the word "name" for some reason.

"Kanao Tsuyuri," she replied.

"I'm Shoto Todoroki," Shoto said to her, saying his full name this time.

Kanao nodded her head and started to walk away. Shoto found her kind of odd, he wondered what the coin toss was about and more on why everyone was wearing a butterfly pin. Did he have to wear one while he stayed on the estate too? He pushed his thoughts out of his head and started to eat his breakfast, which he found quite delicious for it not being Cold Soba.

Once he finished eating he heard someone knock on the door to his room, asking him to come in. 

"Come in."

The door opened to show that Kyojuro was the one who came to see him. Shoto thought he was supposed to have a mission the night before, why wasn't he resting?

"Rengoku? Didn't you... have a mission?" Shoto said, having to pause for a breath.

"Last night? Yes! I finished it up pretty fast too!" Kyojuro answered. "I got some rest before I came here so we could finish our talk from yesterday." He sat down where he sat yesterday, making the scene feel a little familiar. "How are you feeling?"

"Better... talking is still a bit annoying but it's better," Shoto responded.

"I can tell!" Rengoku said, flashing a smile. "And your arm?"

"I can't really feel it when it's wrapped up... got high burn tolerance so," Shoto said, breaking his sentence up a bit.

"I see, that's good!" Rengoku said. "Now, you looked surprised when I told you about the demons yesterday. Can you tell me why?"

"I... don't know, I don't think I'm from...here," Shoto said.

"From where?"

"This place... this world..." Shoto said.

"Why do you think that?" Kyojuro asked him with a big smile.

"I come from... world of quirks... superpowers... you said only demons have that here...humans have quirks...no demons in my world...only villains and heroes," Shoto said, trying to explain in as few words as possible. 

"So... you're big brother used his quirk on you, and he was human?" Kyojuro asked.

"Yes... 'is quirk was Cremation...so strong fire...mine isn't as strong yet...but will be in time..." Shoto said, trying to explain what happened.

"So you're own brother... tried to kill you on purpose? Knowing what he was doing?" Kyojuro asked, not really believing it.

"Mhm..." Shoto responded, nodding his head.

"...you're friends fought him didn't they?" Kyojuro asked.

"Not big brother...I did with...dad..." Shoto said, smiling when he called Endeavor his dad.