Chapter 43: The House of Rengoku

"You're remaking my uniform completely?" Shoto asked as he visited Shinobu in one of her workshops.

"Since we're going to change most of the uniform, we might as well make a new one with the needed adjustments," Shinobu answered.

"What about my gauntlets?" Shoto asked.

"They're about ready, so I'll hand them to you when we're finished with your new uniform," Shinobu replied.

"Alright then," Shoto responded. "Can I use my old one so I can go out?"

"Where are you going?" Shinobu asked.

"When Kyojuro went back to his place a couple days ago, he asked to wait to visit him since he wanted time to settle in with his family," Shoto explained. "Kaname is here to guide me and Tanjiro to his place."

"I remember Tanjiro asking about leaving for a bit for that, I told him that he could as long as he feels fine and takes it easy," Shinobu said. "I hope you two find what you're looking for."

"Thank you, have fun taking care of my uniform," Shoto said as he walked out the door. When he walked back to his room he changed into his old uniform and haori coat. He made his around the estate to the room where the chaotic trio were resting. When he got to the room, he found Tanjiro at the door and ready to go.

"Hey Shoto, you're wearing your old uniform?" Tanjiro asked.

"They decided to remake my uniform rather than changing the original," Shoto said. "You ready to go?"

"Yeah, I'm ready," Tanjiro replied. "Could we walk there though? I don't want to push it too far."

"I was going to tell Kaname to take it slow anyway, I still have a small headache and don't feel like running," Shoto said as he walked down the hallway

"You sure you want to do this right now?" Tanjiro asked.

"I should be asking you that, you're the one that's still recovering from a bad stab wound," Shoto said.

"...good point," Tanjiro agreed as the two walked out of the estate "Let's go, the sooner we get there the sooner we can find something!"

"You're excited," Shoto noticed as they continued down the path.

"Of course! I could possibly find something about my family that was lost in history," Tanjiro said. "Tips about Sun Breathing to help train it would be great too!"

"You think you'll find family history?" Shoto asked.

"I don't know, but I'm guessing we might find out how it became the Hinokami Kagura and was passed down in my family," Tanjiro said. "Or just the person who created and started it."

"We'll probably get that, the former, that's a big hope," Shoto said. "Whatever we find we can chat with the others to see if their opinions can help define anything once we get back."

"Yeah... we can tell the others once we get back..." Tanjiro trailed off.

"What?" Shoto asked. When he turned to look at his friend's face, he saw him pale and his expression morphed into a mixture of shock and fear. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah... just fine..." Tanjiro mumbled.

"...did you forget to tell the others that we were leaving to visit Kyojuro today?" Shoto asked.

"Yeah..." Tanjiro admitted.

Shoto sighed at his friend's oversight, not excited about the chaos they were going to get back to once they were finished at the Rengoku residence.

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

"How are you holding up?" Shoto asked his friend as they continued walking. "We should be getting there in a bit."