Chapter 2: An Adorably Confused Shoto

Even in a comatose state, Shoto could feel the passing of time. He knew it's been more than a month since he fought his big brother, Toya. Though for some reason the doctors haven't used any healing quirks on him yet. Recovery Girl should've been able to do something, right? Or even any other doctors with healing quirks, right? If they did he should've been awake by now, but instead, they haven't and he's been out for a long time. He hoped all his friends that fought the other villains were okay and not as injured as he was. He then thought about his father, Endeavor. He remembered him pushing him out of the way, making sure Toya's attack didn't hit him again. He also remembered his reaction when he instinctively shouted "dad" to him, he didn't mean to do it, but it felt right to call him that now. He was hoping his father wasn't getting too worried, he didn't want to wake up to his father crying at his bedside. That would've been awkward...

Shoto knew he didn't necessarily need to wake up just yet, but he wanted to make sure all of his friends were okay, and make sure his dad wasn't crying over him. He forced himself to wake up, only realizing how much pain his body was in when he did. He looked around the room he was in, finding it empty with the exception of the medical cords everywhere- wait, those look like old medical cords. He looked around to see that there wasn't much of any kind of modern technology in the room, which was weird for a hospital. Thinking that made him realize something even scarier... 

He wasn't in an actual hospital. 

It was more of a private room in an infirmary ward in a big, traditional-style mansion in Shoto's eyes, which would probably explain why he felt like he hasn't recovered much at all. But why was he here and not in a real hospital? His injuries should've been serious enough to be put in a hospital as soon as the villains retreated or were defeated. He heard the door to the room he was in open, revealing a petite girl with blue butterfly pins in her hair. She was holding a tray, one side had food and the other had some other things Shoto wasn't familiar with. The girl looked at Shoto and saw that he was awake, seeing that made her put the tray down somewhere and immediately rush out of the room, calling someone's name.

"Kocho! Lady Kocho!"

The girl ran into Shinobu and a few others who were with her, running up to them to tell Shinobu the news.

"Lady Kocho! It's the kid!"

"What is it Aoi?" Shinobu asked, sounding concerned.

"What kid is she talking about?" Tengen asked.

"Be quiet Uzui, it sounds serious," Giyu said, shutting Tengen up.

"The kid! He woke up! I don't know if he's up for talking or not but he woke up!" Aoi shouted out, sounding both happy and concerned at the same time.

Shinobu's eyes widened along with Kyojuro's, who was standing right next to her.

"Are you sure he's awake?" Kyojuro asked, trying to see if it was a joke.

"It's not! I wouldn't joke about something like this! Come on!" Aoi said, running off to his room. 

Shinobu and Kyojuro followed Aoi while the others that were with them were confused on why they were in a rush.

"Should we follow them?" Tengen asked.

"I don't see why not," Giyu said.

"I wanna meet the kid they were talking about!" Mitsuri shouted out, excited to meet someone new.

"Sounds like a hassle to me," Obanai said, not sounding very interested.

"Come on Iguro! What if it's someone who could be a new friend?" Mitsuri said, trying to convince him to follow them.