Deleted Scene #1

* * *

The Sky is Crying
[Before meeting Remus]

* * *

 It had been a rather tiring day for Sage and the rest of the Elwood family. Camilla had decided to treat the family to a picnic, and while it had been rather uneventful for the brothers—Sage had been all smiles and laughter the entire time they had traveled and set things up.

The she-wolf couldn't get enough of the outdoors, the smell was too addictive. Even Luke had caught on that Sage would keep her windows open at all times of the day, even facing the summer heat to get the chance to hear the birds chirping or the bustling of the tree growing up beside the house.

After a wonderful run with Jackson and the rest of her brothers, she had decided to take her lunch out on the porch. Her current sketch in progress right beside her and sighed in utter relief that she had a moment to herself.

Luke knew that the she-wolf didn't like being dotted on every moment of every day, no, she needed her time alone. And that is why he told his mom to take it easy on the family ventures. That with a house full of wolves constantly, it could turn overwhelming—especially when Sage was so used to an isolated lifestyle.

The freshly made pot of tea and her drawing book was all she needed—Though a cooling scent had shifted through, and it had caused Sage to tilt her head in confusion. It wasn't her tea that had caused the air to cool, or the shift in winds. Nor did it help that the sky above had started to turn grey, but by no means did it mean that night was going to be upon them.

Not at four-thirty.

Sage huffed in irritation, her day ruined that there wasn't enough light to work on her sketch and instead went inside and took use of the kitchen bar. And almost instantly had Liam come in to get a bottle of water. "Hey! What're you up to?" He asked, and she offered a kind smile.

"Drawing wolf."

"Drawing me?" He cooed out, turning the corner and hooking his arm over her shoulder to pull her in. Things had been going well and with the help of Casey and the rest of them, they were giving her a better vocabulary. Which had turned for the better, considering she didn't just hold up her notebook like the last few times he's asked.

"Can I join? Bet I can draw a nice flower." It caught Sage's curiosity, the only person who ever offered to join her was Casey. "Flower book?" She questioned, capping her thin marker in order to get up.

"Nah, I can get it. Is it on your bookcase?" She nodded, repeating the word bookcase, docking another word to her arsenal. But in waiting for him, she made up the station beside her and pushed her markers to the middle, and smiled to herself.

This would be fun.

Liam returned in a hurry, holding up the book in his hand with a wide grin on her face. "Hmm, I think I'll try and draw this." He said, pointing to one of the offered designs, featuring heavily of a Sage and a Rose.

Which Sage laughed at.

"Draw me?"

"No! Drawing flower you. I don't think I'm that advance to be drawing people." He teased before turning his focus down to the blank paper beside him. And the comfortable silence swept through the room, only breaking when he asked to pass her a color—Even if he was doing that on purpose to try and get her to identify them in passing.

Granted, she was doing well—Very well, in fact.

"Maybe we can sit outside someday, that way you can look at the real thing and draw it." She nodded, but her idea had been ruined because it got dark outside. And she simply pointed out through the back door, catching his attention.