Chapter Twenty-Eight

* * *

 Sage hugged herself as she was followed by the majority of the Elwoods, though Luke stayed behind in hopes to be the voice of reason and trying to aid the Beta and Alpha in what had occurred that night.

Sage on the other hand was wild with adrenaline, her wolf still partly on the defense as she didn't want another attack or argument. Leo kept the hold on her securely, but with the lack of connection to his mate and sons...

It was giving his own wolf a sense of anxiety.

He couldn't even imagine how Sage was feeling, having been worked up to the point of actually arguing back. And to her mate no less.

All this occurred just an hour after they were pronounced Alpha and Luna.

"'mila will help you in the bath Sage...You'll feel better." He whispered, but that did not stop her almost robotic motion to breathe. The Delta looked in worry to the surrounding siblings, Caleb was in the same boat as Luke, not being able to shift due to his few cups of alcoholic punch.

And what threw Leo for an even bigger loop was the fact that Liam had snuck a few sips in. Which he shouldn't have considering he was underage.

Liam already held his head down, his sister taking the fall of the pack on her shoulders, and being reprimanded for it was bad enough. But he failed his duty, though he wasn't the only one close to the drinking age who snuck a few.

Everyone was going to face punishment.

"I drink Silver..." Sage mumbled, to make matters worse had Sage herself managed to drink a few sips. 

"Are you sure Sage? You were talking through the pack-link the entire—" Cameron had been silenced, this conversation deserved walls and privacy, not surrounding members who could hear it.

Once inside, Leo didn't get the chance in stopping Sage as hurried along up the stairs. Goddess did he pray that this wasn't going to be as ugly as he thought it would be.

"LIAM ELWOOD WHAT WERE YOU DOING DRINKING?!" Perhaps it wouldn't be silent at all. Especially at how Camilla had voiced her own anger the moment she too stepped into the house with Casey in her arms.

"Mrs.Elwood, I'm sure the Alpha will share his disappointment with us all tomorrow...What I need before I leave, is if Sage actually drank some of the silver or—" 

"How is that even possible? Wouldn't it have burned or...We would've known." Leo shook his head, if it's in liquid form it would've taken a bit to enact.

This was more than planned, and it was an inside job.

"Sage?" Camilla attempted, but the she-wolf was not going to bother with anyone. Especially her mate or Luke, her wolf felt placed as an inferior position to them. And for what?

She tried to speak and she was cast aside, so instead the poor she-wolf found comfort in a warm shower at the bottom of the tub. Her tears were finally manageable in the comfort of her own proximity.

In a house full of wolves that would've been heard instantly had the shower not been interfering with the noise then it might've prompted the mother wolf of the home to come in quicker.

Though she only managed after the Delta had left with a little more information on this side, especially from Cameron who had been directly by his sister for the entire attack.

Sage was fearless, the numbers would surely be counted tomorrow in full. But right now the house was filled with only Elwoods, and Camilla had to fetch the key in order to unlock the bathroom door.