Chapter Twelve

* * *

Sage had slept on account of nearly thirteen hours, even then, her eyes still felt heavy, but the sound of footsteps coming and going upstairs caused her to finally open them.

And instantly, the sun managed a rather annoying position in her window, causing her to shield her eyes from the blaring light.

She stared up at it in question until it burned small spots into her vision, and she was forced to look away. Though it still warmed her soul in feeling the deity opposite to the moon.

Attempting to shift the blanket away, she caught sight of Liam snoring right beside her. And although Sage was oblivious to the couch having an indent, the room still smelled strongly of Luke.

Neither brother could manage to sleep without her in the room, surely this will get easier with time, but it wasn't an issue for right now. It was why nobody had said anything or tried to wake them up.

Even if Casey begged and pleaded to bounce on the bed to get them standing. It was a blessing enough to have them home, but an additional family member will make for a beautiful future with eight wolves living under the same roof.

Sage remembered kindly as to where the bathroom was located in the house. After splashing her face with water, she was met kindly with the reflection of herself.

The now-familiar grey eyes were alive, reawoken. As they have been since she met both Luke and Liam, and they couldn't be more pleased with her personality beginning to grow.

Just as she was leaving the bathroom, Camilla had ventured up the steps to peek around the corner. "Good morning, sweetheart. You must be starving, come. Let me fix you something to eat." Sage didn't rightly have a chance to argue as she was lead down the stairs, and the only comfort beside Camilla's soft voice until she caught Luke sitting at the table reading over some papers.

"Mom, I told you not to—"

"She was up using the restroom. Now go and wake up your brother. There's no excuse now." He chuckled, taking another sip of coffee before he banged up on the bedroom door. But not before kissing the crown of Sage's head. She looked up with him with a smile, and he could already feel the happiness radiating off her small figure.

One of which was going to grow with their mother's cooking.

The girl was seated beside Luke's seat, and this morning she had gone ahead and bought Sage her own set of markers and her coloring book. They were thinner and finer than what pups would use, but the smile never faltered as Sage continued to find this little activity to pass the time.

They had plans that morning, having meant to go to the pack doctor as soon as they wake up, but Luke called ahead to MaKenzie that they would be coming later in the day just to catch up on much-needed sleep.

"I thought we were gonna get a few days off?" Liam groaned, and instantly Sage felt the emotion in the room drop as she looked up to him with a pout.

"Not you, hun. Was scheduled for patrols tomorrow morning." She whispered to herself the word 'patrols,' and it led to Luke trying to explain that pack members were put into shifts around the Crescent Moon territory to protect them, or else Rogues could come in undetected and cause trouble.

As Sage ate her meal beside Liam, her smile brightened at the fact that Camilla had tea readily available. And mumbled the term 'herbal crap,' as she knew her brothers had named it before.

But it gave the mother just another reason to adore her.

"Kaitlyn brought over some clothes for Sage to wear. Are you bringing your brothers?" Luke nodded into his coffee, but Sage tilted her head in confusion again.