Chapter Forty-One

* * *

Having been separated for an accounted three nights, it was truly an eye-opener to Sage that she had slept so soundly with the help of her mate. But then she had looked both at the window, then to the clock in worry.

"Rem...Remmy. Rem." She pointed, and he huffed a small bit before reaching to settle her better. To gain his attention, she settled her small form over his waist and tried to up the situation, but the damn Alpha had planned for that as he gripped at the edge of her hips.

"You awake." She tested, which caused to grin never the less. This Sage was very feisty.

"Hmm. And what are you up to?"
"Look time! Tutor. I'm late." He shook his head and waved it off.
"You're off until Monday munchkin, and then Christmas break." Her shoulders slumped as she hadn't had much of a break from tutoring unless she was battling her heat, the anger following her heat, or the injury following the Rogue attack.

"Homework?"
"Evelyn already dropped everything off yesterday, but she's going to visit her sister in another pack hun. She needs a holiday too." She smiled at the idea, and since her plan for today had suddenly vanished, the she-wolf had decided the best alternative was to reach for the tv remote and position herself on top of him while looking at the television.

"I might have to start hiding the remote."
"No hide remote, that's for pups." He threw his head back and laughed at the fact he had been called out on the tricks he's heard countless parents do if their pups stay in front of the tv too much.

"We didn't get to talk much last night, can you show me?" She shook her head, her chin propping up on his chest to look at him properly. "Why not?"

"Because mate worry too much and I play smart." He took the locks of her hair that were causing her to twitch and placed it behind her hair while also running his hands through her locks to the back of her head. "But I'll worry either way, if I see it or not."

"Luke say I not pig, I know I not pig. I have to eat more to hunt bear." He nodded, it was slightly true as she needed to gain more than just weight to fight the bears but the weight to fill out her figure.

Her bones were still poking out in a few places that he'd prefer there weren't.

"And who called you a pig?"
"Erika." He nodded numbly, and his mate hadn't even called her a Luna to answer the question—Meaning that she wasn't completely ignoring the title.

"I win contest, Laura pack medals."
"We'll hang them up after breakfast, are you hungry?" Her smile widened, and the two decided that they deserve a little breakfast in bed. Where he didn't allow her to even lift up the fork, allowing him to feed her.

Settling his wolf for the rest of the morning in that regard.

He never was much of a cook, but he and Sage usually made by for breakfest. It was just dinner that was always caused them trouble. As Camilla usually provided lunch and Gigi dinner. Or they went out to eat.

As they finally made their way out of the bedroom, this time dressed and ready to head to the packhouse. Remus was sure to grab his mate's tablet as well as the homework as he didn't want her to get bored if she wasn't in the mood to deal with pack politics. And after what she went through with the dozens of presentations he had little doubt he would want to either.

Laura was just leaving after dropping off the notes she gathered from the meeting, it earned her a cheek rub from her Luna and another thankful comment from her Alpha.

"Alpha, Luna...Laura just dropped off all the notes she took from the—" 

"Yeah, we just ran into her downstairs. Now then, who's at the top of the list on wronging my mate?" Eli and Jack laughed.