Chapter Six

* * *

Is...Is she the daughter of a—

Humans don't know the proper names of our Alpha-female. She could've just said her name was Luna.

Liam wanted to take his brother's word for it, but Luke's guess was as good as his own. And Sage sounded so sure that it was hard to question the little she does know to what she doesn't.

We'll wait until we get back to the pack and spread the word. Someone has to know something about her.

Luke nodded at the suggestion and began to dig in and eat. Liam, on the other hand, offered up a fry to Sage. Only for her to stare at it, unknowing that it was made of potatoes as well.

But once he said the golden word, she was all for it.

The brothers have come to learn that whenever she wiggled, both she and her wolf showed how happy she is at that given moment. And right now, Liam couldn't think of anything more precious than that.

But after a few more bites, she frowned.

"Bathroom?" She questioned, and again it had put a halt in the male's feast. Neither would be able to go in there with her, but she was indeed old enough to know what to do.

They couldn't hover over her forever.

As the waitress pulled around the corner, Luke signaled for her to come over. "Ma'am...Can you show my sister to the bathroom?" After a quick mention that Sage doesn't speak that much, all the woman needed before motioning for the she-wolf to follow.

Soon a light hand on her back had come forward, and Sage nearly jumped from the contact. But quickly understood that she was bringing her to the bathroom, just as she asked.

Sage gave another light 'thank you,' with a very contagious smile before entering into the single room. It smelled faintly of flower cleaning spray, but it went well enough.

But Luke's eyes managed to keep direct contact to the door, and was given relief only when she was on her way back.

"Think Liam took some of your food, Sagey." He teased, even if Liam hadn't. He wanted to know what her reaction would be, considering she was about to move in with a family of five brothers. But she simply swiped another fry from his plate in retaliation before stabbing a piece of chicken.

Though they had to cut it for her, since their first experience of seeing her hold a knife was the blade against her skin. Now it was residing strictly away from her.

They hadn't given her the proper silverware other than spoons and forks in the facility, which was fortunate as she knew how to eat. And quietly too.

The waitress was ecstatic to see that all the food had been eaten, and so Luke gave the signal for three pieces of apple pie before asking for the bill.

Granted, it would be a hundred bucks no matter what in this case, as he tallied up the total in his head—Maybe they did order too much.

But it was worth it after seeing Sage being introduced to ice cream for the first time. Even if it was cold, she thought it paired well with the warm apple inside a crusty tart. Sure enough, she couldn't contain her excitement and wiggled again.

She pointed down to the ice cream, which Liam had explained what it is and there's a whole list of other flavors. They would definitely have a field day with that once they managed to get home and settled in.

With the bill paid, the brothers told Sage to use the restroom once more before they left. So the two were waiting by the exit playing at the claw machine with the given few coins Liam had in his pocket.