Chapter Thirty-Seven

* * *

 Sage had woken up on the third day in the infirmary, mumbling some sayings about the Underground. Luke assumed that Sage would've woken up in a hospital bed more than a few times in her life as she wasn't entirely confused at the devices, but she remained relatively silent. Which caused Remus to fear that she thought she returned back to the underground.

"Sage, munchkin? Hey sweetheart, how are you feeling?" To her it felt like a sick nightmare, to see those around her—The one she loves combined into the likeliness of nurses that would come and go.

It was dark to remember that the only bliss the Luna would find was in sleep, and usually that was due to over-exhaustion or through medication.

"McKenzie said I can take you home soon, don't you want to go home?" After all the faith she had in gaining him as a mate, he would not fail and give up on her.
But the wolfsbane was truly hurting her system—The one drug that the Underground did not know to use against their kind.

He thanked the goddess, because not only would it cause the worst kind of death to their kind...But also in high dosages, would it force a wolf to go rogue.

But Kenzie offered one dose to force a shift, and then both she and everyone injured had to be given an injection because of any Rogue infection/sicknesses.

By the middle of the second week, Remus was relieved to know that he could take her home. It had all been arranged, a spare room downstairs had been converted to a bedroom for the time being as he was surely going to mother hen the hell out of his healing mate.

"Your mom put up the Christmas tree for us...It was really nice of her to decorate the house. We should thank her when she comes to visit." He smiled brightly, the Alpha and Luna's house was looking like someone was actually living here, and perhaps it was the familiar smell that caused her to stir?
Remus couldn't tell, but he couldn't be any happier that she was okay.

Luke and Liam kept their distance on two accounts, an unmated she-wolf near their mate while injured will surely end in a fight. But that wasn't the only reason, it mainly stemmed from the fact that the brothers couldn't handle her being docile and silent.

It reminded them too much of who she was in the cage.

"Home?" She questioned, and he smiled ever so brightly. Finally, some good had come to this month, finally.
"Yeah hun, we're home...Do you want to lay in bed or watch some tv on the couch?" He didn't mind the fact that she wanted the couch rather than the first option, but then again she had been bedridden for so long that he assumed she wanted a different position.

"Camilla said there's some soup and sandwiches...Do you want anything to eat?" He must've asked four times in the past two hours, but she was far too tired to eat.
"How about tea?" Now that peeked her interested.

"Hmm." He took that as a yes and made sure she was comfortable before hurrying to cater to her every whim, the tea had taken a little bit but she was so engrossed with the television that she hadn't rightly noticed his departure.
But what she did catch was the whiff of freshly brewed tea.

The days passed and the wolfsbane had been eradicated from her body. Remus found out in the most beautiful of ways, coming to return to Sage after finishing some work in the home office, he caught her wolf rolling around in their bed with her tongue out playfully.

There didn't seem to be any hate left in her as they seemed to return to the lifestyle they had prior to her heat. Yet now he was wracked with guilt—Guilt that was reminded on a daily basis by everyone around them.

Though no one could say anything against their Alpha, the stress on the situation was built upon everyone's involvement and advice was now returned to neutral.