004 Solitaire

004 !! SOLITAIRE

John B stops the car in front of The Wreck, Georgie's gaze involuntarily turning to his

They stare at each other — the brunet boy quietly taking in her every feature and the blonde girl silently admiring those honey brown eyes of his.

She has the sudden urge to lean in and feel his lips on hers.

It is a foolish desire, she's aware but a tempting one at that.

She wants to feel his hair as her fingers sneak through the strands, the calm of the night filling their hearts like a birdsong fills the early morning air.

Georgie inhales deeply seemingly bringing John B back to reality.

"So....I guess I'll be going then", she quietly smiles.

John B nods glancing away and Georgie moves to get out of the car when his hand comes to rest on her arm for the second time that night.

With a hazy mind, she looks back to find him gazing at her with concern.

"Just.....be careful, alright?".

His care has her heart fluttering and beating against her chest in a way that she could only describe as insane.

Yet she maintains her composure and leaves with a silent nod.

The night shift turns out to be quieter than she expected and for that, Georgie will forever be grateful.

Time passes by painfully slow for the blonde's liking, Tony having already dozed off in the kitchen due to the lack of customers.

Georgie sighs resting her chin on her palm and glancing around the empty restaurant.

The tables and chairs seem to taunt her, the loneliness of the space surprisingly affecting her more than it should.

Yes, she's fond of being alone. The comfort that something as sweet as solitary confinement brings to one's mind will forever remain unmatchable.