005 Fair

005 !! FAIR

When Georgie was five, she got lost at a Fair

It was the Annual Christmas Fair held at Charleston every year and for the first time in her five years of being alive, Luke had finally got his shit together and taken his two kids out to Charleston for a day.

They were stationed at a dingy motel with the most fascinating thing a five year old could find as being a chocolate bar decked with two layers — one containing white chocolate and the other containing milk chocolate — lazily sitting in the vending machine.

Georgie had begged and begged her father to buy her the chocolate bar but when Luke calculated the dollar bills in his wallet, Georgie knew that by the look on his face they didn't have enough money.

The trip was expensive enough in itself considering their financial condition and to top it of, a large chocolate bar from the costly vending machine was like the devil taunting them.

She didn't ask for it again.

She was okay without it — at least she had her dad and her twin brother to have fun with.

Charleston felt like a foreign place and to the two blonde kids, it was everything they'd dreamed of.

When they got to the Fair, Luke was supposed to keep an eye on his children — as is expected of any responsible guardian — but he didn't.

Because Luke is far from responsible.

So when she accidentally let go of JJ's tiny hand while they were walking through the heavy crowd, she didn't think much of it.

Because for Georgie, this was an opportunity.

An opportunity for adventure.

By that point, she'd grown tired of the constant back and forth between the beach, John B's chateau and Heyward's shop.

She wanted something new.

Georgie had always been a curious kid, eager to learn and consume every piece of knowledge driving her way.