034 Demons

034 !! DEMONS

When left alone, thoughts are suffocating

When left alone, thoughts are suffocating. They consume all your energy bit by bit and sting every little corner of your being capable of feeling.

It's hard to shut them out.

But when you're a slave to the hungering essence of bland intoxication harbouring the ability to silence your thoughts just a little and fog up the stained glasses of your sinful mind, the desire to forget holds you hostage despite all your efforts to free yourself from its binds.

Rafe Cameron is a sucker for the white powder he breathes in on a regular basis; one which he pays for with dear old daddy's hard earned corrupted money.

The thick stacks of cash fueling into Outer Banks' resident drug dealer's every little lavish impulse are nothing compared to the feeling of pure and utter euphoria the tainted powder, the devil's surprise gives him.

It's not that deep, really. He may have a slight problem but in his eyes, nobody's perfect — the only thing close to perfection he's ever seen is the gold-dust haired angel who graces the revolting grounds of The Cut.

She's everything he isn't. She's everything he could never be. And yet, it feels like an unbreakable spell has been cast on him because holy shit does she make him feel.

For the longest time, it's just been the Camerons hiding their skeletons from the world.

Sarah — who yearns for motherly love but never could accept Rose as one of their own.

Rose — who lives in a constant fear of something disastrous jeopardizing the life she's built for herself.

Ward — who fails to see what's right in front of him and guides through life feeding into his disturbing greed for more.

Wheezie — the neglected.

And then there's Rafe.

The oldest but by far the most disturbed member of the family. He's not sure when exactly it happened but somewhere down the road to excellence, he strayed off to a path which stained him with uncontrollable vices.