027 Gold

027 !! GOLD

Gold, gold, gold, gold

The motherfucking gold.

The shine, the texture, the metallic scent, the wheat engraved on the plain golden bar luring all eyes to itself, demanding attention and rightfully so.

The touch of it, oh lord this is something else.

It is future and the promise of all good things to come.

It is a god, it is heaven incarnate.

It is unreal and Georgie is losing her mind.

She rubs at her eyes for the millionth time this morning, gliding her finger over the gleaming bar of fortune.

It feels so smooth, so gentle, so perfect under her touch.

She wants to worship it, she wants to erect magnificent temples in its name.

Hell, she would sacrifice her life for it.

"Pretty, ain't it?".

She glances up at his honey brown eyes, a beaming grin showing off his perfect teeth his curls falling over his forehead in a gentle wave as he leans, looking down at her with joyful eyes.

Her stomach tightens at the proximity, at the way he's staring down at her.

With so much radiance, with that damned smile that has the ability of turning her into a butterfly-filled pile of mush, breathless and gasping for life in the best way possible.

Her heart yearns to lean in, to peck those slightly chapped yet so appealing lips of his and say 'yes, it's a beaut my love. You've done it, I'm so proud of you'.

Instead, her lips pull into a tight smile as she averts her gaze.

"Yeah, it's . . . . it's everything, John. You did it. Gosh, you did it".

She shakes her head smiling in disbelief.

His grin grows wider.

"We did it, Georgie. I couldn't have done this without you guys. To going full Kook, m'lady", he salutes jumping off the porch curb and ruffling his hair, the grin remaining firm on his face.