032 Complicated

032 !! COMPLICATED

JJ's eyes dart towards her small figure quietly creeping up the steps of the Chateau, his gaze immediately turning to skeptical slits

"Yo! Where the hell do you think you're going?".

She freezes in the middle of the porch, slowly turning to throw him a confused glance.

"To shower?".

"And what about letting me know that you're alive, huh? You text Kie but not me. How's that fair?".

"You expect me to apologise?", her brow arches.

"Of course I do. I was worried", he frowns crossing his arms over his chest.

"Well, you ain't getting any apology. At least not from me".

"Georgina, I swear—", JJ raises his index finger up in warning, eyes widening threateningly.

"Dad wants to know where you got the 50K from. I'd avoid the house for the next two to three years, if I were you", she cuts him off.

He clamps his mouth shut, glimpsing all over her face her discomfort not going unnoticeable under his watchful concerned gaze.

She, in turn, fixes her eyes on the fresh cut twinging over his bottom lip; one which wasn't there the day before.

Blinking silently, Georgie wraps her arms around her midsection meeting his solemn blue eyes washed with a terrible ocean of guilt.

"Did he—".

"There wasn't much damage done. You clearly weren't as lucky".

He shrugs nonchalantly, rubbing at the back of his head as he rocks on the balls of his feet.

"Nothing I couldn't handle".

She grimaces, shaking her head.

"Are you okay, J?".

JJ laughs dryly, his hands come up to lock behind his head eyebrows scrunching up whilst he thoughtfully stares at his sister.

"I could kill him. I could kill him for even touching you, Georgie. Just grab the ol' shooter and pull the trigger. I'd feel no remorse either, freedom at last".