Chapter 23 - Not a date

It wasn't long until the day of the play arrived. Shen Yuan put on his party outfit of slacks and a clean shirt. It wasn't really ironed since he didn't own an iron but whatever, it looked fine. He combed his hair in a bit of a messy look to match the shirt and then went over to the door. Xu Tengfei was there very punctual, wearing a polo shirt, a suede jacket and dark jeans. He parked and got out of the car, going over to him.

Shit, was Shen Yuan overdressed? He'd never gone on a college play he should have asked, he'd look so old and-

"Shizun, you look so handsome, I really like your outfit," said Xu Tengfei with a warm smile. Was he being honest or nice? Nice for sure.

"Thanks but isn't it a bit much...?" He asked, looking down.

Tengfei paused for a moment, took off his jacket and offered it.

"Put this on if you're insecure, it'll make your look a bit more informal. I think you look great though."

Shen Yuan did as told, letting the soft fabric slip into place, hanging heavy. It was a bit big for him and had a clear masculine scent that did not arouse him at all, not a bit. There was still Xu Tengfei's body's lingering heat.

Xu Tengfei was staring, as if he had fully zoned off.. Shen Yuan answered with a little glare, rude kid, getting distracted while with someone.

"What did you climb out of the car for? I could have just gotten inside and we'd be on our way."

"So sorry shizun, I just wanted to greet you properly," he said, bowing his head.

Shen Yuan sighed.

"Stop being so nice already or you'll get taken advantage of," he chided.

Xu Tengfei mumbled something under his breath. What was it? It sounded vaguely wrong for some odd reason.

"Excuse me?" Asked Shen Yuan

"Yes Shizun I'll be more careful," said Xu Tengfei meekly and opened the passengers door for him to enter. The man did just that and soon they were off, listening to some pop radio station. Neither one paid much attention,, Tengfei staring very intently at the road and Shen Yuan trying not to feel weird in the oversized jacket. It was a short ride until they entered the campus, a mixture of nature around and tall modern buildings that had a touch of a classic style while remaining fully contemporary.

The young people were starting to get into the building, groups of merry chattering not quite teens anymore that were mostly minding their own packs. A few people did see Shen Yuan and asked for selfies. He agreed to them and proceeded to look like a mean villain, a few hardcore fans even asked for both Xu Tengfei and Shen Yuan to be on the photo. They endured and were soon seated.

"I'm sorry, did that bother you?" Asked Tengfei.

"It was fine. I just wish I'd dressed more informally, I feel like an old man."

"Shizun, I heard a few girls calling you 'hot' just now. Trust me, you look amazing."

He clicked his tongue, a bit flustered. How does one answer to being called hot?

"You are much hotter," he replied moodily, almost like an insult and that just made Xu Tengfei smile brightly.

"Don't you get cocky now, besides you already knew you're hot."

"It's nice when shizun says it though," replied the young man.

Shen Yuan was about to protest but someone walked onto the stage and announced they'd be starting. He couldn't manage to erase that silly grin from his companion's face... Well never mind, better to focus on the play. Xu Tengfei could be a happy if he wanted.