Chapter 25 - Award Ceremony

Today Shen Yuan was wearing an actual suit, a simple outfit among a sea of people in fancy clothing, and yet it was a huge upgrade for him. His ass was resting on a padded seat, between Shang Qinghua and the director's wife. Luckily he was too nervous to give any hints to the woman that she was being cheated on or he just might. But alas, he was a pile of nerves, one coffee away from going down the toilet.

It was the early evening and a whole lot of famous people were gathered in a huge auditorium. They'd done the whole glamorously getting out of the limo thing, with the crowds watching and the photographers shooting with the blinding lights and barrages of questions and hollow niceties. Now they were finally resting, watching some clips of the first category of awards.

On the other side of the director was sitting Xu Xiaosi and the infamous girlfriend, Qin Lifen. She was a gorgeous little thing, slender and delicate, with flawless makeup and dark brown hair coiffed in an artistic updo. She was beautiful by any standard, even Shen Yuan's, which made Xiaosi's attraction to himself all the more baffling. Why would a man who could undress such a beauty choose to undress stinky, hairy-balled Shen Yuan? Not like Xiaosi truly could choose to do so though, Shen Yuan wouldn't let him. But the kid wanted to. No accounting for taste, honestly.

The show crawled on, with the next category, "best supporting actor" and showing all the clips of the performers' stellar moments. Shen Yuan was barely paying attention, his mind constantly wandering. What if he won? What if he didn't win? What if he was called as if he won and he didn't really win? It could happen! He also went back and again to the speech he had been rehearsing in his mind. Not a thank you speech, oh no, a speech to make Xiaosi stop writing fanfics about his naked butt. The latest one was an actual homo eortic fantasy of both Xiaosi and Qinghua fucking him, truly infuriating.

Shen Yuan would certainly have to get him alone after the awards, it wouldn't do to have his girlfriend find out about his hobbies. Or maybe she helped him? Either way, he could only deal with the one person he knew, adding the unknown pretty lady might be too much for him to handle.

The ceremony dragged on with "best music" and "best visual effects", and just when Shen Yuan was starting to calm down and actually enjoy the show, his face appeared on the screen. He looked... soft and caring, then brutal, then funny. They showed the whole range of this person he could barely recognize, was it really himself? Had he really come this far?

"And the winner is..."

Not Shen Yuan. As was to be expected. And yet.... there was a dull pain in his chest. He seemed to have been holding on to some hope he didn't even know was there. How could he compete with real pros, him, an amateur? These people had practiced and trained for a very long time. He was just a joke, a fucking meme of an actor.

The mental pity party ended when he felt someone squeezing his hand. Qinghua gave him a small, encouraging smile. Did anyone see? Fuck, this was really dangerous, and yet it felt sort of nice. Someone worried about him. He kind of smiled back, just for a brief second and then slapped his hand, smirking. Qinghua gave him a little kick, grinning at the casual violence.

He tried his best to focus now, quieting the intrusive thoughts about what he might have done better or how he had failed his audience. Changing the whole drama plot might be somewhat unprofessional perhaps?

When Proud Immortal came up, Shen Yuan jolted out of his reverie and immediately felt the heat rise to his face. They'd chosen the carriage scene, with Xiaosi in his arms. Why, oh why? It almost looked like gay tension! Luckily he couldn't see the brat right now. A few seconds later it switched to some action scenes and then to the one of Xiaosi doing a wonderful dramatic job while falling into the abyss. He was a true prol, the star of the drama.