Chapter 47 - Why he left

"That impro sucked, bro, you two need to talk it out. What am I supposed to do now, have you two kissing during the final episode?"

Qinghua wrote much too soon for Shen Yuan to be able to answer. He just sent a thumbs up emoji.

"Hey don't be like that! I need a real answer, why would Xu Tengfei leave?"

Shen Yuan frowned at his phone. Stupid Qinghua. He probably knew the answer better than himself and was playing stupid.

"Why don't you ask him? -_- "

"Because normal people are asleep at 2 am," was the almost instant reply, "give me your opinion, come on."

Shen Yuan paused.

"Because he's disgusted by being kissed by an old man?"

"Wrong, try again!"

The urge to toss his phone into the wall was bubbling inside of him with intensity. But then he'd have no phone and that would suck.

"Really how the fuck should I know! Maybe he is disgusted since he already has his daddy-boyfriend and-"

"I'm pretty sure they're not really together, bro. I think you're looking for excuses to get out of this."

Shen Yuan let the phone down. Enough messaging, he should sleep. This was getting nowhere. He left the message on read and Qinghua be damned.

—--

The following day when he went running he was vicious with his own body, pushing himself until his muscles burned and nothing but his physical self was in his mind. He left home early, and made sure not to look at his phone other than to see the time. He saw he had a few unread messages but those could wait.

When he was getting to his trailer, someone was already waiting for him.

"So,we meet once more, Mr. Shen," Tianlang Jun's red contact lenses made the dude seem even more threatening than his natural huge buff gymbro aura. He was clearly doing it on purpose this time, standing a bit too close for comfort. What a jerk. Shen Yuan could feel himself grow tense. It didn't make sense for him to have such a pleasant voice, such a nice smile and still have threatening vibes.

"It is. Let's hope we'll have a productive day today," Shen Yuan said, moving back and away from him. The man wasn't relenting.

"Oh please, let's chat for a moment, we still have time," he replied with a smile, "I see you like World of Warcraft, a man of culture."

Shen Yuan looked down, he had indeed picked an old WoW shirt, not that he'd thought about it much.

"Yes, well, I used to play a lot of video games..." he trailed off, shuffling his feet and slowly trying to step towards his trailer.

"I don't think I ever saw Xu Tengfei play a game, which is such a pity. See, I don't think you two are that compatible, sadly," he spoke casually, glancing at Shen Yuan sideways.

"Why would it matter if he plays video games or not?" asked Shen Yuan in a clipped sour tone.

Tianlang Jun smiled, "well, it depends. I don't think you two are quite suited for each other, and there are rumors around - you know the kind. There were also rumors about you and Xu Xiaosi."

"I never had anything with Xiaosi," snapped Shen Yuan.

"Oh, I see. But you do have an interest in Xu Tengfei?" he asked, crossing his arms, his smile never fading.

"I don't see how that's any of your business-" Well, he did see how it was if Tianlang Jun was actually with Xu Tengfei. But more and more it sounded like Qinghua was right.