Chapter 34 - Beyond the grave

Shen Yuan had been doing some heavy insulting to a poor little angel-faced girl who was much too perfect. He didn't expect to be having so much fun with it, being a jerk was more fun when you didn't like the protagonist as much as he'd come to like Luo Binghe. Poor lady, it wasn't her fault, she was just bland. It was the writers that needed their asses kicked, really, why did they always make female protagonists so boring? Sadly, he didn't know them and they probably weren't masochistic weirdos like Shang Qinghua, who seemed to enjoy the verbal abuse.

He was removing his makeup now, messaging said weirdo to see if they were still going out for drinks that day. Qinghua had been busy lately, getting rammed into the bed by his new boyfriend. Shen Yuan didn't want details, but he sometimes got them anyway. For example, he knew they were in a sort of BDSM roleplaying relationship now where Qinghua pretty much acted like a servant. If Shen Yuan spent less time online he might actually be shocked at it, but as things stood he just sighed and accepted it, maybe occasionally hitting him with a fan if Qinghua mentioned anything he didn't want to picture in his head. I mean, who would want to imagine him in a yellow thong begging for mercy? I mean, yellow!

The reply arrived as he was putting on his jacket, yes they were still going out and to please wait if he was a little late but he'd be there for the digital release of the special.

Shen Yuan didn't ask why he might be late. As long as he made it to watch their masterpiece together, it'd be fine.

He said his goodbyes at the set in a polite manner and headed towards his destination by foot, to save some money on public transport and get his thighs a tiny bit more toned by walking.

Qinghua was late, of course, late enough that Shen Yuan was finishing his first beer and writing asshole reviews online. When he saw his friend spotted like a cheetah at the makeout olympics he sighed.

"You really should wear makeup sometimes, you know."

"Will you sit on my chest and apply mascara?" joked the little man sitting down with a huge smile. Shen Yuan looked duly horrified.

"Fuck no, your boyfriend would kill me."

"Oh yes, good thinking. Two beers please! Dude, you wouldn't believe the chaos it's been to plan the new season without your character. It's like every part of the writing team is pushing in different directions. I do have tons of control but man is it hard. Maybe after today's release it'll be easier but I doubt it."

"I'd help you but I have enough on my plate," replied Shen Yuan. As soon as he was handed a beer he took a sip, "tomorrow I have a live interview after my scheduled drama filming. Xu Tengfei should be there too, I haven't seen him in ages. He's been cramming for school I think, poor guy."

"Oh yeah I heard about that interview, it should be a good promotion. By the way, my king Mobei-Jun is moving in with me."

Shen Yuan felt the instant the beer moved from his throat to his nostrils and he coughed, covering both men in snotty alcoholic droplets.

"You- what-"

"Breathe first, gossip later," replied Qinghua, hitting him on the back, not that it was helping. It took Shen Yuan a few more moments to recover.

"You're going to live together? With Zakharov? You haven't even been dating one month!"

"Chill dude, it's fine. I know it's a bit rushed but honestly? I think I deserve to be happy, even if it's in an unusual way."

"Unusual, yeah. I mean... well fuck. How can you be sure he isn't using you or something?*

"If he is I don't care," replied Qinghua, stupidly nonchalant. The idiot. Zakharov would leave him and then Shen Yuan would have to pick up the pieces.