ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕠

Y/n's POV

-Previously -

"Stirling, Y/n!" Says a professor and I head up towards the stool. While walking up, I send a small subtle wave to my friends, who wave back. I sit down on the stool and the hat gets on my head.

'Hello there, hmm you're a difficult one aren't you. I can't find a house to put you in.' Says the Sorting Hat, I smile and tell him a compromise I did at my other schools. The Sorting Hat agrees.

"Slytherin!" It yells and the table cheers but only for a second.

"Griffindor!" The Hat says and it's quiet.

"Hufflepuff!" It says and then.

"Ravenclaw!" It's an eerie quiet and I roll my eyes. Professor Dumbledore comes up and leads me out of the great hall.

--- Present Time ---

" Y/n has this happened before?" Asks Dumbledore and I nod.

"Yeah, this happened at every school I was at before. What we did was create an entirely new house. The sorter usually decides the name of the new house." I say, then we head to his office, and he puts the hat on me.

"Pegasiouser!" The hat yells and a new crest appears on my robe. It's a beautiful pegasus with a purple background. I smile at it and Dumbledore explains that I'll have my own dorm. He then says,

"You can sit at any house table during mealtimes, Y/n. Oh, and good luck on your third year." I smile and look down at my feet.

"Thank you," I say softly and walk back to the Great Hall. There are people whispering as I walk in. Everyone is looking at me strangely, at least that I see, except for four smiling faces. They wave me over to the Griffindor table.

"Hi," I say meekly and they invite me to sit with them. Dumbledore then gives a speech and the normal chatter resumes. I don't eat much since I see people sneak glances at me. Then dinner ends and I ask a Professor where my dorm would be. She has green eyes, and glasses, and her hair is in a tight bun.

"Right next to the library, Dear," She says pointing in a direction. I smile and thank her before heading off. I get into my dorm and it's kind of plain. I do a couple of decorating spells and notice something sitting on the window sill outside. I from and walk over I jump slightly because of the thunder, you see it's raining outside. I sigh and hug myself with my arms.

I open the window carefully trying not to let the rain in. I grab the object and put it inside. I close the window and turn to see what it is. I gasp slightly and walk over to it. It's a Dragon egg. It's freezing so I put it by the fire and it glows, and I smile. I look around my room once more and realize that my things are already inside. So I put my clothes away in the drawers and get ready for bed. As I'm about to get into bed I hear a cracking sound. I turn to see that the egg is cracked. More cracks spread across it and I realize it's hatching. I walk over to it and watch and a small head breaks through the shell. The dragon tumbles out and then snorts. I laugh and it turns to look at me, she turns to look at me. Her eyes are a striking green, she's entirely black with some scales glowing red and white. She comes over to me and nuzzles my hand. She feels weird, warm, and cold at the same time. She looks like an,

"Ember," I say and she cocks her head at the name.

"Ember? You like that well then you're Ember." I say and I swear she smiles at me. Her green eyes scan the room and she hobbles over to my bed. She's very small, she tries her wings and gets maybe a foot in the air before she falls.I smile and pick her up, once she's on the bed she climbs on a pillow and circles before settling down. I lay down next to her and hear her purring snores.

"Good night Ember." I say and I fall asleep.

ıllıllı 𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓢𝓴𝓲𝓹 ıllıllı

I wake up to a loud thump on the floor. I sit up and see Ember on the floor. I laugh lightly and give her a hug before changing into my robes. I open my book bag and grab an apple for Ember to snack on. She accepts it gratefully and munches on it while I fix my hair. I put it in a loose bun and turn back to her.

"Do I look Ok?" I ask her and she blows a small string of fire.

"I'll take that as a yes. Stay here Ember." I say and I head for the door. Ember runs up to me and rubs my ankle. She gives me puppy eyes.

"I'll be back, I promise. Stay quiet for me, E." I say, she sits down and gives me a huff before she lets me leave. As I head to the Great Hall Professor Mcgonagoll stops me.

"Hello dear, I was just wondering which class you'd like to accompany?" She says holding a couple of papers.

"Griffindor, please," I say and she hands me a schedule for me to follow.

"Thank you," I say and I walk over to the Great Hall. When I walk in it's basically empty only a few people at each table. Of course, not everyone is an early riser. I look at the Griffindor table and see Remus sitting down with a book. I smile and fill an extra bag with food for Ember. I sit down next to Remus, he turns to look at me and he smiles.

"Good Morning Lupin," I say and he looks at me surprised.

"You just called me by my last name, you remembered it?" He says and I nod and smile.

"Yes, I remembered your name, why wouldn't I?" I say and I nudge his shoulder, he turns a light pink at the contact.

"Well, I just don't think I was that memorable." He says.

"Is it because you didn't talk much?" I say and he nods.

"Well, Remus let me tell you this; out of your whole group you were the most memorable. Just because you didn't talk much doesn't mean I didn't notice you." I say truthfully and he nods, looking happier than before.

"Besides, you were the cuter one of the bunch," I say, and at that, his cheeks turn red. He turns to look at me and I giggle at his face.

"Don't hurt yourself, Remus," I say as he stutters out his words. Just when he's about to say something everyone else comes in for breakfast.

To be continued.....

A/n: Sorry for the late update! Thanks for reading. 💜