ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

-Previously-

"Yes, I remembered your name, why wouldn't I?" I say and I nudge his shoulder, he turns a light pink at the contact.

"Well, I just don't think I was that memorable." He says.

"Is it because you didn't talk much?" I say and he nods.

"Well, Remus, let me tell you this; you were the most memorable out of your whole group. Just because you didn't talk much doesn't mean I didn't notice you." I say truthfully and he nods, looking happier than before.

"Besides, you were the cuter one of the bunch," I say, and at that, his cheeks turn red. He turns to look at me and I giggle at his face.

"Don't hurt yourself, Remus," I say as he stutters out his words. Just when he's about to tell something everyone else comes in for breakfast.

--- Present time ---

James ruffles Remus' hair and sits down in between us.

"Hello, Y/n," said Sirius and Peter. I smile sweetly but don't look at James. James starts eating and then looks up to meet my gaze.

You ruined it.

"Wot?" He says and I scoff, Remus looks down at his lap and I roll my eyes.

"Nothing," I mutter quietly before standing up and heading back to my dorm. Upon opening my door, I gave Ember food. After that, I left my room and walked a few steps to the library. My attention is drawn to the bookshelves when I notice another person in the library.

In a way, he looks almost like Sirius, but he's more serious. He is sitting in a chair with a book in hand, it says it's about charms. Walking over to him, I grab a book about Dragons and smile.

"Hi, I'm Y/n," I say slowly and he looks up from his book.

"Regulus Black." He says flatly, and I pause. Sirius has a brother, I wasn't aware of this.

"Nice to meet you," I say and his eyes widen very slightly.

Has no one ever said that to him before?

"So, charms huh?" I say and he quickly sucks in a breath. His eyes flit around the library and he realizes it's just us. He closes his book and looks at me.

"Look, I am not supposed to talk to non-Slytherins, OK?" He says almost sounding sad.

"Oh, well that's fine because I'm in my own house," I say sitting down next to him.

An entirely new house...

"Besides, Slytherin was called first when I was sorted," I say and he looks genuinely pleased with that.

"Let's start again, shall we? Y/n Stirling." I say sticking my hand out. And for the first time since I met him, he cracks a small smile.

"Regulus Black." He says, shaking my hand and I smile.

"So, Dragons?" He says using the same tactic as me. I nod and he gestures for me to pass him the book. I do and he looks it over.

"It's nice but why Dragons?" he says, I bite my lip and sigh.

I wonder if I should tell him.

He looks at me with big eyes. I use my best judgment and come to an agreement in my head.

"Well, if I tell you, you can't tell anyone else. I'm trusting you." I say and he has a look in his eyes I can't decipher. After a bit, he nods.

"Ok," He says and I grin. I grab his free hand and I open a door that leads into the hallway. I drag him to the end of the hallway and open my dorm door. I let him in and close the door behind him.

"Em, you can come out now," I say and there's rustling under my bed. She then comes out running and regulus catches her.

"Woah, you have a dragon?!" He says in shock, I don't say anything as I look over at the window.

"Y/n?" He says and I don't answer. I stare at the open window as it bangs open back and forth with the wind.

Bang! Clink! BANG!

"Y/n?" Says Regulus once more.

I walk over to the window as if I'm mesmerized by it. I grab ahold of it and stare and the glass. I look at the fingerprints on the glass and release a shaky breath. Finally, I realize there is someone else in the room, I turn around and the look on Regulus' face makes me shiver.

"Y/n? Are you OK, you've gone pale." He says worry etched on his face.

"Regulus, I didn't leave this window open and Ember can't fly yet. Someone broke into my room." I say my eyes wide, I stare at the fingerprints on the glass and he walks over with Ember on his shoulder.

I see him turn around and scan the room. He then notices something I did not, he looks at the chimney and looks at the coal dust on the floor. He walks over to the vase next to the chimney and turns it over. The vase creaks and the walls start rumbling. Then a secret door opens and candles that are mounted on the wall light themselves. I stand there with my jaw on the floor.

"How did you-" I say but I'm cut off by Regulus.

"I'm really good at mysteries." He whispers, I smile and grab my bag. I put in a torch, some matches, a bit of food, our wands, and just in case, what my mom gave me, a special bracelet.

"Shall we?" I say turning on the torch and a cold breeze blows through the hallway.

"Who would I be if I said no." Says Regulus, I snicker and answer his question.

"Well, you'd be a coward," I say as we enter the dark space, he gasps and slaps my arm.

"Ok, the first rule of friends no hitting others unless it's for food," I say rubbing my arm, he scoffs and I sigh.

Man, he didn't have to hit me so hard.

As we walk I feel Regulus inching closer to me, I could feel the fear radiating off him. I smile silently and feel bad for a second so I say.

"Hey, Regulus, I'm a bit scared could I hold your hand?"

"Sure." He whispers taking my hand in his, his hand shakes as we walk and I squeeze it in reassurance. I see a bit of natural light at the end of the hall, I pull Regulus to it. I look at the door that's cracked open with sunlight streaming through.I push the door open and look around the room, it has a bed, a fireplace, and a couple of other pieces of furniture covered in white sheets. I smile and look out the window and see it's almost a secret bunker.

"Wow, I wonder who made this." Says Regulus pulling a white sheet off a big wardrobe, the dust rises up and he has a coughing fit. I giggle at him and look over at the desk in the room. It has letters everywhere, I pick an opened one up and read what it says.

Dear, Lover

I am writing to you from France, it's beautiful here but not as beautiful as you. I visited the Eifel tower and met some friends. I miss you so much, it's very cold here and I think it's going to snow tomorrow. I got a side job at a restaurant playing music, they seem to like my music. I am coming home soon I promise, I love you to the end of the universe and back.

Love, Firecracker

I smile and look over at Regulus, he is still wheezing. I walk over to the wardrobe and look at the intricate details carved into it. Regulus has finally calmed down.

And I thought Sirius was a drama queen.

"Have you ever read The lion the witch and the Wardrobe?" I say and he nods I signal toward the wardrobe.

"You don't think?" He says and I smile while opening it. We walk in it actually keeps going.

What if..... no?

To be continued...

~fin~

A/n: SO sorry for the late update I am still getting used to all the homework. I will set a schedule of updating on Sundays and maybe Fridays/Tuesdays