ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕚𝕧𝕖

(Photo Not Mine)

---Previously---

During the course I got Peter to start talking about his family and he went on about how he lived in London with his dad half the time and the other half with his mom. Even though their family was split, they were happy. Then class ended and Peter stops, he realizes he didn't take notes. I see the panic on his face and I grab his shoulder.

"Peter, I took the notes for you, don't worry," I say handing them to him and he smiles.

"Thank you so much." He says and he unexpectedly hugs me. He then quickly pulls away and heads to his next class. I head to my next class with a laugh as I watch someone trip on their way inside. I look around the classroom and take a deep breath. There are plants everywhere, with every type of species you could imagine. My mom always smelled like flowers, and a picture of sunflowers flashed into my mind.

"Hello class, my name is Ms. Evie Theocard but you can call me ET." She says and she starts the lesson. In the end, I walk out of the class with a plant to take back to my dorm. Then finally the day finishes and I plop down in my bed.

God, what a day People are exhausting.

---Present---

I woke up to the sound of glass breaking and I shot up out of bed. I look over and see Ember hiding under my bedside table. I look over and my new plant pot is broken. I sigh and give ember a look before fixing the broken pot with a quick spell.

"You've got to be careful, Em," I say with a pat on the head. I change and get ready before heading to the library. I grab 8 books on dragons and look through all of them. I find one on dragon feeding and I see they like to eat fish. 

I smile and read a bit more before heading to the black lake. I quietly take out my throwing knives and I catch a couple. I put them in my back and walk back to my room. I give ember some fish and save the rest for later.

I wait for breakfast and eat some waffles. I then have some time before classes so I head outside and sit on a bench. I close my eyes for a second taking in the autumn air, the crunchy leaves, and the smell of pumpkin radiating. I sigh and see my owl flying towards me, I put my arm out and she lands on it.

"Hey, sweetheart," I say rubbing her head, she coos quietly. I take the letter attached to her leg and she flies off. I open it and saw it was from my dad.

Hello Squishy,

I wanted to write to you to see how school is going. I hope you like it anyway I met some old friends of your mother and they have an old dress of hers. I thought you might like it just let me know when you'd like it sent to you. I hope you're enjoying school, your mother loved it there and I wanted to let you know that she had a special spot. It's located near the kitchens. Best of luck at School.

Love, Dad

I folded the letter and put it in my pocket. I walk to my first class and start the day. Arty sits down next to me with a smile.

"Hey," I say quietly and he nudges me playfully.

"Hey, Greenbean." He says trying out a new nickname, I scrunch my nose at it and he chuckles. I take down notes while Arty styles my hair from behind, he always loved playing with hair, I think he'll be a Cosmetologist. We both quietly hum the same song and I drum out the beat on the desk.

"What do you think?" He says as he finishes, I take a mirror out and look at the hairstyle. I smile and puzzle about how he can do such wonderful things.