ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕚𝕩

-Previously-

I sigh in comfort and sing along quietly. Ember lays down next to me on the bed. He watches me with a smile, sings with me, and lets me beat him at chess, and I laugh.

Heaven, I'm in heaven

And the cares that hung around me through the week

Seem to vanish like a gambler's lucky streak

When we're off together dancing cheek to cheek

I take a deep breath as the record finishes, I sit up on the headboard and read for a bit to Arty. He watches me while I read, he sees how I start reading faster at the more exciting parts.

I then feel my eyelids get droopy and I fall asleep, I feel someone tuck me in.

"Goodnight, Greenbean."

Maybe, just maybe tomorrow will be better. But today will be hard to beat, thanks to a certain boy.

--- Present ---

I woke up and looked over to where the light was coming from. The curtains on the window were open and the sun was shining on my face. I groan and pull a pillow over my face and it's dark again.

Do I have to get up?

Shut up and stop procrastinating!

Then Ember nuzzles the pillow off my face and I get up with a sigh. I get changed and brush my teeth. I do my hair just a bit and then stuff it under the hood of my cape. I give Ember some food and sneak her outside. We walk for a while and I then hear human footsteps behind me. I pretend not to notice and head back to the castle quickly.

Stay calm, you'll be fine.

I leave Ember in my room and walk into the library, I walk through the history aisle. I finally found what I'm looking for, Hogwarts a History. I smile and turn to the 115th page marked with a gold emblem. It's a swift paint stroke that looks like a fox. With I smirk I read the password for Hogwarts and I take the book with me. I repeat the password one more time before walking over to the portrait hall.

"Y/n!" Says a voice and I turn around with furrowed brows. I look down the hall and see nothing. I shake my head at myself.

I probably just imagined it.

I look at all the portraits closely and find one with a woman throwing a spear. She was beautiful. She had olive skin, long black hair, and shining hazel eyes. She smiles at me, I smile back and see the swift paint stroke.

Found it.

I whisper the password and the door swings open with ease. I walk in and on a piece of parchment, I write down the different tunnels. In the end, I have a map of the tunnels under Hogwarts. I walk out of the portrait and the warrior winks at me.

Be calm, be cool.

"Thank you." I smiled at her and I saw her smile and looked away. I walk back to my dorm and put the map in my bedside drawer. I then walk to breakfast and the smell of cinnamon fills my nose. I take a deep breath and sigh happily. I sit down and have a Cinnamon roll. I take a bite but it's too big for me to finish on my own. Then someone sits down across from me and smiles.

Who the hell wakes up this early like me?

"Good morning, Y/n." Says Ellis, I push the cinnamon roll in between us and smile.

Oh, it's the hot Hufflepuff. Thank Merlin.

" Mornin' Ellis. Share?" I ask and he nods, we finish the plate soon after.

"So, can I ask you a couple of questions?" I say with a head tilt and he pretends to think for a second. He laughs and nods.

"What is your middle name?" I say and he does a double take.

"I was not expecting that, but my middle name is Jude." He says and I smile. I take out another piece of parchment and write it down.

Jude, how cute.

"Sorry, I'm writing it down so I'll remember." I pause and look up. "What is your favorite book?" I say and his eyes light up at this.

"I love Matilda, by Roald Dahl." He says and I sigh quietly.

Damn it, Lea, if you didn't like this guy I would.

"Cool, and what about your favorite phrase?" I say, looking into those green eyes, they were a minty green with specks of blue.

"Oh, easy. 'Stultus est sicut stultus facit'. Which when translated from Latin means 'Stupid is as stupid does.'" He says and I laugh as loudly, as there is no one else there.

Oh my goodness, that should be James' motto.

" That's a funny one, okay next. When is your birthday?" I ask and he smiles.

"Ooh, good one December 15th." He says without skipping a beat.

"Nice, okay last one, have you ever fallen in love? Either with a book, song, or person." I say and he looks down, after a second a blush makes its way to his cheeks.

"There was this one person who would always make me smile." He says and has a nostalgic look on his face.

"What happened to them?" I say quietly so as not to interrupt him.

"He's with the angels now, that's where I'm gonna go too." He says with a sad smile.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Are you...?" I say trailing off, and he nods.

He's Bisexual, Merlin I hope Lea loves him.* (Check the A/n for the *)

"Sorry, I didn't mean to make you sad," I say and he shrugs it off, I stand up as other people come flooding into the great hall.

Ugh, people, no thank you.

"Walk with me?" I inquire and he trails behind me. I walk over to the courtyard, we talk a bit more and I think of how I can set Lea up with him.

ıllıllı 𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊 𝕾𝖐𝖎𝖕 ıllıllı

I say bye to Ellis and I walk to class humming. If this is what Hogwarts is like, I want to stay here for the rest of my life. If only I could.

~ Fin ~

A/n: Hey guys about the (*) It just means Imma talk about it either in the author's note or it adds to the story. I know that Bisexual wasn't a thing in the 80s but I wanted to add another character who was Bi. I love Ellis. Also in the next chapter, I am going to do a big time skip to 5th year, because that is when all the good stuff happens. I put that in bold for the pole who skip the a/n. Anywho, sorry again about the late update but OMG 1k Reads! AHHHHHHH! I am so happy, I want to thank everyone who is reading I love you all so much.

Don't Forget to Comment, Vote, and Watch for updates.