ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕧𝕖

--- Previously ---

I let Ember in the cabin and put a fire in the fireplace. I sit down on the couch and Ember rests her head in my lap. I scratch her head and she purrs, the vibrations going through my whole body. I then let her sleep and stand up, standing next to the fire. I would lay low here for a while, then if things got shakey, I would just keep moving.

"Y/n Stirling," Seethes a voice and I turn around to see a figure standing in the doorway. My blood runs cold as he speaks again.

"Or should I say, Y/n Cirro, Daughter of,-" He says and I cut him off.

"Don't say his name, "I say and he chuckles darkly.

"If you say so, Princess,"

--Presently--

"I'm not a princess," I say and he scoffs, he walks through the doorway with a sinister smile. The shadows keep him in the dark hiding his identity.

"You're of the royal bloodline, sweetheart, so yes, you are," He says, and I glare at him. Then he stalks a step closer to me and his face is illuminated by the firelight. His face was chiseled and perfect, and the wind tousled his brown hair. To top it all off, entrancing blue eyes, the ocean, and the wind all mixed into a beautiful iris.

"I'm no longer considered a part of that family if you didn't know. I was cast out the day I was born." I say and he rolls his eyes. I look him up and down, he was dressed in a black pair of pants, a white shirt, and a brown leather jacket. I decided to get to the point.

"Why are you here?" I ask and his eyes scanned the cabin.

"You, I was sent to take you," He says and I sigh.

"Sent by who?" I say and he licks his lips. He gets closer to me and I back up, we continue like this until I'm trapped between him and a wall.

"Why aren't you scared of me?" He says and I look away from his capturing eyes. I slip out a dagger and in one movement I flip our positions. Now he was against the wall, with my blade to his throat, his mistake.

"If you would have wanted me dead, you would have killed me by now. I'm going to say this one more time, who sent you?" I say and his eyes widen slightly, he was scared I could tell, but he didn't want to give anything away.

"I'll tell you, if, and only if, you come with me to see her, she just wants to talk," He says with a charming smile and I smirk, he'd let something slip.

"Her?" I say and his smile drops, I release him onto the floor slipping the dagger into my sleeve.

"My mother," I say and as he walks towards me Ember slaps her tail down in between us. He jumps and I smile.

"How did you know?" He says and I chuckle as I grab my bag off a hook. 

"Let's call it magic, what did you say your name was?" I say and he looks at me confused as I put my bag on.

" I didn't," He says sassily and I look at him expectantly. He sighs and answers my question.

"Theodore, my name is Theodore," He says, and I put out the fire. It was already dark outside so the light left the room. Then Ember's scales started glowing, a crisp red.

"Well Theodore, let's go, shall we?" I say walking out and getting on Ember. He looks at me confused as I offer out my hand. He takes it and I pull him up onto Ember. With me sitting in front of him we soar up, and head north, to where I could hear my name being called.

"How do you know where to go?" He says and I turn around to look at him.

"It's the only way to go," I say and he looks at me confused, he turns away to look at the passing clouds.