𝘃𝗶. 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝘀𝘆𝗰𝗵𝗼𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝗺𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗮𝗰

a/n: I swear most of you have disappeared from the comment section. Let me know if you like this book.

Thank you for 10k views

WARNINGS: VIOLENCE, BLOOD, RACISM

┌─────── •✦• ───────┐

Monday, December 5th, 1917:

EVER since the attack on The Saints, The Euphoria and other local black business, the witches of the Équilbre coven had placed a protection spell on them.

Windows were smashed and several buildings were burnt but they continued to succeed, rising and trying again.

The attackers were witch hunters and peers that shared similar goals as them.

The menacing note that was attached to the brick that aimed for the Lumière's hung over their heads like a looming cloud, waiting to drop the toxic rain that the hunters believed would end them all.

But perseverance was a strong trait, that Adrienne and her confidants all shared and continue to share, even after all the vile men that wanted to be rid of them, were all dead.

And then some.

─────── •✦• ───────

Since her birthday, Klaus didn't let Adrienne leave his sight, he wanted to protect and keep her safe, which was very hard for him, especially because she loathed being told what to do.

Klaus was much more controlling than he intended to be, he knew that and so did she, but that didn't stop him from being that way.

It had already been four days since the attack and he had been on a killing spree, despite his brother's warnings.

He had cut, killed and butchered an entire group of hunters and flayed them, leaving their corpses lying around for their families to see.

Many called it vicious, but he believe it was a means to an end, something he enjoyed and will continue to fill his homicidal tendencies until the people he cared for were safe.

Valerie even applaud him for his efforts, which shocked many people, but at least they had something in common.

Vengeance.

Klaus and Adrienne stayed in his bedroom for most of her stay at the Mikaelson compound. Hadeon knew that he would keep his sister safe so he had no issue with it, however, Erebus' disdain for the hybrid grew, but only the four walls of his room could see that.

The Lumière teen snuck out of Klaus' tight hold, replacing her body with a pillow, so she could get some water to drink in the early hours of the morning.

As she descended the stairs, she felt the aura of the compound change slightly, not in an eerie way, perhaps more mystical.

Her thoughts bounced around in her head, she loved the feeling of being in Klaus' hold, especially because he never seemed to sleep with an undershirt on, meaning his bare skin touched her all night and all morning.

When she entered the kitchen, she was taken back by the scene.

Her breath became lodged in her throat at the sight of many dead civilians, all of their bodies drained and what stood above them, was a young man, blood dripping from his mouth, without a care in the world.

He already seemed to hear Adrienne step into the room, so he sped over to her, causing her back to press against the door.

But before he could attack, she wrung out her hand, her eyes flickered black as she made him fly across the room, he groaned as he hit the wall, but quickly got back on his feet.